James Potter // Suspense

"Hey, guys?" I called out to Sirius, Remus, Peter, Frank, Alice and Lily who were talking about the upcoming exams.

"Yeah, (Y/N), what's up?" Alice questioned.

"I, uh, was thinking on sending James on a date with someone. He seems really lost nowadays." I suggested, referring to my best friend, who seemed a little off for the past one week.

Everybody straightened in their seats as Sirius yelled, "Peter would love to, right Peterkins?"

"Very funny." Peter rolled his eyes.

"But seriously, guys, he looks so bloody lost." I shot a glare at Sirius.

Lily shook her head, "James is fine. I don't find anything wrong with him."

"He just looks so lost nowadays, and maybe if he went on a date, it'll wear off." I shrugged.

"Okay, (Y/N), firstly, he looks completely fine. Secondly, why don't you date him?" Alice raised an eyebrow.

"What, no! James doesn't like me that way!" I argued.

"You'd be surprised." Frank smirked.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask, as I see Lily's eyes widen.

"I-uh...oh, look, I see Remus is coming!" Lily began to say, then pointed out to the figure of Remus, carrying a pile of books and was making his way towards us.

"Remus, hi!" I stood up and face him, "Listen, I want to set up James with someone, but these guys aren't helping."

"What? (Y/N), can you not see, you're the one!!" Remus' book fell from his arms and met the floor with a thud.

I scrunched my eyebrows, "What?"

"Uh, uh..." Remus widens his eyes and looks over my shoulder and nods slightly. I turn and see the group suddenly put their hands down amd look somewhere else, "Uh, I mean...you're the one! To...uh, find him a date!" Remus concluded after a moment of struggling.

"Right, okay." I nodded and continued, "Anyway, do you have any ideas?"

"Sorry, (Y/N), he already has his eyes on somebody." Remus looked over my shoulder, again and gave me a satisfactory smile.

I try to hide my disappointment. Sure, I wanted James to go for a date with somebody for a change, but him liking someone made my heart crush.

"Oh, so, who does he like?" I questioned him.

"She looks exactly like you, (Y/N)!" Alice prompted from behind.

"Oh, who?"

"Flew over her head." Peter muttered.

I look at the group suspiciously. They know something but aren't telling me.

"What are you guys talking about?" I say, incredulously.

"Ugh, anyway, I came to tell you guys about James." Remus stressed on his name and continued, "So, remember when that girl from Ravenclaw had a crush on him?" We nod, "She went to ask him out yesterday in the library."

"Wooah." Frank and Peter commented.

"Yeah, and guess what? He rejected her!!" Remus crosses his arms.

"Did he really?!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Exactly, and he got grumpy and stuff when (Y/N) cancelled their plans to study in the library." Remus looked at me carefully.

"Yesterday was hectic. I had absolutely no time to even eat lunch." I complained.

"Yes, he missed her right?" Lily smiled, looking at Remus, waiting for an answer.

"Yes!" Remus exclaimed, and the group turned their heads to look at me.

"What?" I looked at them, confused.

"Do you know what this means?" Alice gritted her teeth.

"That we need to work harder to find him a date!" I rolled my eyes.

"OKAY, THAT'S IT, I'M TELLING HER!" Frank suddenly stood up.

"NO YOU WON'T!" Peter and Remus yelled.

"YES, I WILL. WATCH ME!!" Frank thundered.

"YOU WOULDN'T! WE PROMISED JAMES NOT TO!" Remus glared at Frank.

"I DON'T CARE!!" Frank hollered and looked at me, "(Y/N), James likes-"

His words were cut off as Peter and Remus both jumped on Frank, grabbing his head and clamping his mouth shut.

"James likes who?"I asked.

"HE LIKES Y-" Frank called out, but his voice faded away as his mouth was stuffed with Peter's sock.

Sirius rolled his eyes and sighed at the drama Frank caused. Quintessential.

The two boys dragged Frank our of the Common Room as Alice and Lily stood up, "We have to warn-" Lily begins, but is cut off by Alice, "We must save Frank."

"Yes, that." Lily turned red and grabbed Alice's arm and jogged away, forgetting the fact that Sirius was still here.

When the girls left, I turned to Sirius, "My favourite Black!! You'll tell me what this whole uproar was, won't you?"

"You haven't met my brother, that makes me the only Black you know, but I'll tell you anyway." Sirius grinned.

"You know Potter tells me everything because I'm his man, right? We were at the Black Lake. Damn, there was that Giant Squid that was making its way towards me, but I couldn't hit it! It was too cute-" Sirius began rambling.

"To the point." I interrupted.

"I was a Monday. No Thursday. Uh, I don't think it was a Thursday. I guess it was a Wednesday-"

"Sirius!!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I was talking about this cute Hufflepuff, who I kind of fancied, but then the topic changed from a cute Hufflepuff to a hot Ravenclaw." Sirius' eyes sparkled.

"Oh, you fell in love with a Hufflepuff for a minute amd changed to a Ravenclaw? Why am I not surprised?" I rolled my eyes.

"Playboy right here!" He spread his arms, "So, yeah, James slowly started talking about you, but then slowly shut up, because he thought he was saying too much. Then afterwards, he turned to me and said, 'Oh, Sirius, I think I'm in love!' and I gasped, 'Really? Who?' and then-" Sirius abruptly stopped on looking over my shoulder.

"SIRIUS!" James gave him a smile which seemed fake, and wrapped his friend in a hug.

I heard James whisper somethings to Sirius as he pulled back, "(Y/N), hey!"

"Hi, James."

"Uh, yeah, so...James likes-" Sirius began.

"You know, I haven't used my fists in a very long time." James glared at Sirius.

"Uh, he likes-" Sirius wiped his forehead. Drama Queen.

"Where is my wand?" James patted his robes.

Sirius sighed and took a step backwards and raised his hands in defeat, "Okay, bro. I won't say a word."

"Good." James sighed in relief and smiled at me.

Sirius made his way towards the exit in a very slow dramatic manner and I instantly knew what he was gonna do.

He turned and yelled, "JAMES LIKES YOU, (Y/N). IT'S YOU!! BLACK, OUT!!" and ran out of the common room.

My mouth was hanging open as I turned to look at James.

"Listen, I really wanted to tell you, but I didn't have the courage. I know this isn't the way you wanted to find out, but, I'm sorry, and I really like you, I like you alot and I-" I stopped his rant and placed my lips on his as he kisses back without hesitation.

"It's fine." I pulled back and smile.

"I'm sorry, again." James apologises and takes my hand.

"It's fine, I like you, too." I admitted.

"YOUR WELCOME, POTTER!!" I hear Sirius yell as James wraps an arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead.