00

it was raining, people gathered to look at the accident in front of them. the car was upside down and it was completely crushed. paramedics pulled out the two bodies from inside the car. one was barely conscious and the other was not.

the red and blue lights from the ambulance were clearly seen because of the darkness of the sky. the sounds coming from the ambulance was barely heard because of the whispers of the crowd.

two police cars were there and the police were telling people to back up and give some space.

a paramedic helped carry yoongi to a stretcher and carried him to the ambulance where taehyung was also in.

yoongi layed unconscious on the stretcher with an oxygen mask over his mouth. the paramedics cleaned his wounds and treated him. but he needed surgery. his head was hit hard and his brain was lacking oxygen.

yoongi hugged taehyung before the car had flipped and because of that, yoongi received all the damage and injuries while taehyung got only a few wounds and bruises.

he hated how yoongi put him first before himself. but yoongi loved taehyung very much that he'd rather get hurt than to see him hurt. that was how much yoongi loved him.

he was crying seeing his husband in that state. his tears descended from his eyes just like how the rain outside did. he blamed himself for asking yoongi to come with him. he hated himself for being the reason why yoongi had to receive the injuries that was meant for him. he hated it. he hated himself.

he borrowed a phone from one of the paramedic (since his phone was broken because of the crash) and dialed a number.

"h-hyung..."

"taehyung? are you crying? what happened? are you alright?" a worried seokjin asked

"taehyung? are you crying? what happened? are you alright?" a worried seokjin asked. he was looking after his best friend when taehyung called him.

hearing taehyung cried, hurt seokjin. taehyung was one of his dongsaengs who he had taken care of and loved. he was not just his friend. he saw him as a brother and a family.

"y-yoongi hyu-" he didn't finished his sentence, he broke down and cried. his wounds were being treated as he cried.

"what did he do? did he hurt you? is everything okay?"

the ambulance had stopped and taehyung ended the call without answering seokjin's question. he followed yoongi and the medics inside. they entered the operating room but unfortunately, taehyung was not allowed inside.

he sat on one of the chairs and bawled his eyes out. his heart ached thinking of the possibilities of the results about yoongi's condition.

"hyung, please be okay. please." he prayed again and again. he had called jin again to tell him where he is. and it turns out, they were in the same hospital.

jin immediately came and went to taehyung to give him the comfort he needed. he hugged taehyung as he stroke his back repeatedly whispering, "it's going to be okay."

"b-but what if he doesn't make it?"

"it will be okay."

as taehyung and jin cried nurses and doctors were running around. on the third floor on room 309 a family were crying as well.

the heartbeat monitor began beeping when jin had left. the patient's heartbeat was slowly decreasing. the family stood outside praying for their dear relative to be okay.

the doctor grabbed a defibrillator and used it on the patient.

"clear!" they repeated the same process but the condition was only getting worst. the monitor beeped once again. one straight line was something that broke the hearts of the patient's family.

the doctor walked out of the room followed by the nurses. the mother ran to him and asked about the condition of her son. the doctor only looked down and apologized.

"patient park jimin dead. time of death 9:03, date of death october 13th."