Attack On Scarlett Mansion

The guards were on the ground and the people looked at the entire thing with fear. They didn't help or speak, the fear of the attack made them as useful as statues. Abbie's panicked expression showed that we were in more danger than just a beast attack. "What happened?" I panted for air, the travel to the town was taking its physical tolls.

"The guards have been attacked,"

"By whom?"

"Who do you think?" the Adams.

We ran through the town towards the mansion when at a corner bend I saw a familiar face limping on the ground. Even in the light of the lamps, he was so visible. "Mr.Fisher!" I called out. "Zariam we must go," Abbie said.

"We can ask him," I said as I ran towards him.

"Zariam," she began to run behind me, "Zariam no!"

Mr.Fisher's expression startled me. His eyes were filled with a worry I have never seen before.

"What are you still doing here? Didn't you go hunt that beast?"

He saw Abbie, "Why isn't he dead yet?" I could feel a pulsing beat in my chest stop and that emptiness in your stomach suck me in.

"He didn't do it. Those bandits did something to trigger it," Abbie said, her hand squeezing my shoulder.

"He's still a monster and you know it," he whispered. He spoke as if I wasn't even there. He spoke like I truly was a monster.

"Will I at least get my reward? I'm not letting him in my restaurant after this! Do you even know how risky it was when he slept here? You were supposed to kill him, he's your problem now!"

It was him all along. He saw it all, he must have seen the entire scene. He saw the darkness encroach the entire village and swallow it whole. This man who I thought was my father took me in for money, and he didn't care about me after he got his reward. I looked at him but his eyes avoided mine. 'We all lose something. Forward is the only way.'

Was that lesson, which I cherish so much, an act too?

"Zariam we have to go," Abbie said quickly. She dashed towards the right, the path towards the mansion. I gave that man who I looked up to so much and I promised that it would be the last time I saw him. The mansion looked safe as it always was, but the soldiers that lay on the ground showed otherwise. It was a fight that the Scarletts clearly won. "Quickly!" Abbie said. She cared so much for this family. What fuelled this oath towards them?  When we entered the main hall of the mansion, Celes stood with a swords she clearly didn't know how to use.

"The Adams have done it, they finally did it," she said coldly. Her hate for them must have been greater than ever.

"Where are the two of them?"

Behind me came a hug, a soft, gentle hug that I returned as I turned around. Yuria was there, standing with tears in her eyes. "Thank god your ok," she said slowly. "I'm fine, I always will be," what did she mean? She didn't know her father ordered to have me killed. I guessed it would have been the attack. "They broke our truce, right when we had the chance to stop the fighting," Mr.Scarlett said as he walked through into the room through the other door. He held a small L-shaped object in his hand that looked like it was made of metal. He pointed the object at me as soon as he saw me. "Abbie, were you not able to contain him?" Abbie looked at her feet in shame. "No sir," she held the top of the weapon and lowered it slowly, "he has proved to me that he can control it better now,"

"Better?" Celes said, "better doesn't mean he can't go berserk and kill us all," she obviously knew of my dark powers and that's why the other servants wouldn't speak to me, she ordered them not to.