Chapter 22

(A/N: Hey Readers...sorry...I did it again with taking forever to update. Lots...of things have been going on and I've been trying to get back to updating so here we have Ch. 22 for all of you! WARNING: There is some gore in this chapter so please read at your own risk. Other than that, hope you all enjoy this new chapter finally!)

Y/N's POV

My eyes opened abruptly as though I had woken from a bad dream but a nightmare had not occurred. So why was I so eager to wake up? I turn my phone on as it sat beside me to see the time being 11:39 p.m. Midnight was only twenty one minutes away, I had twenty one minutes to either fall back asleep and relax or find that mysterious garden and get some answers. This shouldn't even be a choice, I should stay home and act as though the phone call I had received never happened and I only imagine it with my state of sleep deprivation.

I glance down at my lap to find Bill's head stirring slightly in his sleep. I must've passed out after him on the couch seeing as I had put him to sleep by playing with his hair and humming a tune that was stuck in my head...but I couldn't remember the title of what the song had been called or even the lyrics that had went along to it. I guess it didn't matter either way for Bill had still ended up falling asleep with his arms gripped tightly around me. He stirred more, his eye shutting tighter and his nose wrinkling. My golden demon is so tense, he shakes his head and grips onto me even tighter. Immediately, I begin to hum once more as my left hand began to stroke his messy blond hair.

Bill freezes slightly by this and stays completely still while his eye relaxes and his face is read to be calm once more. The rest of his body, however, still tense as his arms seem to only grip tighter. A nightmare could be the reason for this but...do demons have nightmares? If so, what type of nightmare could make him so unsteady, frightened even to the point he cannot relax once more?

It's possible it could be about losing me since he claims I'm all he has left but that statement he makes only makes me more curious. What happened to his family...if he had any? Why doesn't he speak about the flat dimension...if that dimension even exists? Shouldn't that be his home...another lie he would be keeping from me? Why though, why keep that a secret?

Glancing up at the clock once more it was now 11:42 p.m. I bit my bottom lip, unsure of what to do. The pressure of deciding is killing me; if Bill found out that I snuck out to learn the truth about him then it would be over between us, I'd mess up everything, but if he continued to lie to me and never share the truth...I feel as though either situation is a lose-lose. If I'm careful enough, he won't ever have to know and everything will be alright.

I guess I'm doing this...I know the consequences if he finds out I went and what may happen to us but that's only if he catches me. My hands move to his arms as I begin to pry them off of me only making his grip tighten by my action. Sighing, I try even harder, the moment I saw a gap between his arms I slipped out and stood up off the couch. Probably not the best way to get him off, Bill begins to whimper and stir more as his sleep form attempts to find me and latch onto me again.

I kneel down next to him as I begin to stroke his hair, humming the tune again. His arms wrap around my neck as he whimpers slightly again. "Shh, I'm right here...I need to go check on something, I'll be right back, I promise." I whisper softly as I kiss his forehead. I unlatch his arms around me and I hold both of his hands with one of mine while the other continues to stroke his hair. I hum gently as he begins to become soothed by my voice.

Asleep once more, I release his hands and quietly make my way to the elevator and out the door with Bill's sweater still on me to bring warmth to me on this cold, Fall night.

•••

I take deep breaths as the cold air lets me see the breath escaping my lips before taking in another freezing breath of oxygen. My feet walk slowly as I follow the map on my phone to make my way towards this 'garden'. I have traveled these woods enough to know that there isn't a garden out here unless I were completely blind as a bat to take notice.