I've Always Loved You

Evan's POV

"Son, we cannot seem to get an exact location on Jasmine. We tried tracking her cellphone, but we lost the connection," my father explained on the other end of the phone.

I was already settled in my private jet, EJ next to me.

Zenia! I thought and dialed her number.

"Hello?"

"Zen. It's Evan. I need Jasmine's exact address."

"I can't provide you with such."

"Zenia, please! I need to get to your sister as soon as possible!" I begged.

"I swore to secrecy. I'll be betraying Jasmine if I tell you."

I knew, at this point, she wasn't going to give me the address unless I did something I never enjoyed doing. Bribery.

"Zen, if you do this for me, I'll give you the capital to start your own clothing line and boutique, and that's a promise."

There was a long pause on her end, which was a good sign because I knew she was considering my proposal. Jasmine had told me that it was her dream to own her fashion boutique one day.

"Okay. I'll text you the address and apartment number."

Bingo!

We hit the skies ten minutes after.

When we arrived in L.A. at 5:45 p.m., EJ and I went looking for the address Zenia had texted me.

"I think it's this one," EJ said as he pointed to apartment 12.

"Lets go." 

We headed up the stairs; then, we heard a gunshot.

"STAY BEHIND ME!" I yelled at EJ as I ran towards Jasmine's apartment.

I had no idea where the gunshot came from, but as I got closer and closer to apartment 12, I heard the cries of a baby.

I burst through the door and my blood boiled instantly, reaching an all time high. Aria was standing there with a gun. Jasmine was lying on the floor with blood soaking through the T-shirt on her back; the baby was still wrapped up in her arms underneath her, crying.

I speared Aria to the ground like the wrestler Roman Reigns.

The gun flew out her hand and slid underneath a nearby couch

"EJ! CALL 911!" I shouted as he walked in cautiously. His eyes popped when he saw the situation in the room.

He took out his cellphone and took Jevan out of Jasmine's arms. Jasmine wasn't moving. She was lying face down in a pool of blood. Her blood was all over the baby.

I picked Aria up and slammed her into a corner. I was not a woman beater, and I didn't like manhandling women, so I wretched her hands together with my belt and placed her onto a chair. I snatched my engagement ring off her finger.