Chapter 61

(Christie's pov)
"We're one more step closer to finding Christie Lewis. Police are trying to track down Christie or Justin. So far, we've only got the names of the kidnappers friends. They go by names of Xavier Smith and Khali Sharieff. Local stores and restaurants are also keeping an eye out for them. I don't know about you, if I were them, I would just give up and turn myself in. There is no chan—" Justin switches the channel.

"Great, now how'd they get our names?" Khalil glare at Justin, like this is his fault. "I don't fucking know," Justin glares back even colder.
"God dammit! what the fuck are you trying to do here Bieber?! Are you trying to get us arrested?!" Khalil shouts furiously, shooting himself up from the table. "No! I'm trying to protect you! I'm trying to protect her! But I'm only one person! It's not as fucking easy as it looks! I'm just as tired as you guys! I'm trying not to think about it, and you're not making anything better!" Justin irascibly snaps, jumping up from the couch. At that moment, I feel bad, terrible actually. I'm just making everything harder for Justin. He already had a ton of weight on his shoulders before I even met him. Now, he has to deal with a load of problems which I basically dumped on him.

There's a long silence, filled with many regrets. Justin wildly heads to the front door, but Za stops him. "Dude, don't take the risk," Za warns calmly, but Justin glares flatly at him.

"I've already did," he mutters sharply, then walks out the door.

"Son of a bitch," Khalil hisses in frustration. "We're just gonna let him walk off like that?" Za throws his hands in the air, an act of annoyance. "What's the point in trying to stop him? He's the most stubborn guy I know,"
Khalil impatiently sits down at the table. Za glances at me, then walks over to me. I don't know what to think. I mean, Justin was fine only a few minutes ago.

"Why did he get mad so quickly?" I stared at the floor, hoping he'd return. "Because he's always had a short temper. He's gets mad at little things," Za sits next to me, and I nod gently as he leans back.
"He still does drugs right?" I know he still uses, even though he said he wouldn't. But he's been putting me first lately, so at least he's controlling it, I think. "Unfortunately, yeah, but don't get mad at him. He can't help it," Za answer truthfully. "I know," I awkwardly play with my hair, hoping he comes back soon. I'm already scared for him and it hasn't even been 10 minutes.

(Justin's pov)
Fucking shit! Why the motherfucking hell is this so damn hard? I've always avoided police. The last time I've actually got in trouble was when I was pulled over with Christie in the car. That dumbass officer was probably the one who made up the lie of me kidnapping her. Like I would ever do that. Well, I would actually, but I'm talking about my girlfriend here. And how the fucking hell did they find out Khalil and Za's names? There's basically nowhere to go, except where police aren't looking. That's almost impossible, because I've been sitting in this alley for only 5 minutes, and I've seen more than 3 police cars drive by. Good thing I'm sitting behind a garbage can.

I pull out the weed in my pocket, then light it up. Oh fuck, I've been needing this shit for a long time. To intensify the high, I pop a couple pills of meth that are also in my pocket. While I'm at it, I pull out the heroin and the needle. This is risky, but it's so worth it. That feeling of serenity is always worth it.
I inject myself before dropping the needle on the ground. The rush finally hits me. I feel dizzy and lightheaded along with hyper and fuzzy. The last thing I remember is falling backwards from my sitting position. I think I hit my hit head, but I don't feel anything, nor do I care.

-morning 6am-
Something cold and wet stirs me awake. What the fuck? It's was raining. How long has it been raining? How long have I been here?
I'm completely soaked, but I hoist myself up. An intense shock of pain runs along my back and head. I instantly collapse back on the ground, hitting myself again. I groan painfully before trying again, forcing myself onto my feet, losing balance a little bit.