Chapter 21

Emily's POV
I couldn't stop thinking about Sal. I really wanted to just tell him how I felt and for him to make it better. But I couldn't do any of that! I had to stay strong to show Sal he couldn't mess me around.
I decided to go to the corner shop to pick up some things for my mum and dad. There was a massive hill to go up, with a mountain of ice covering it.
"I'm gonna go up the shop!" I said to my mum.
"Okay sweetheart" she replied, giving me a hug.
"Can I come?!" My sister begged.
"Let Emily have some space to clear her head Hun" my mum said to her. I grabbed my coat and left. I was making my way up the hill, slipping and sliding everywhere. I made a false step and slipped on the ice, walking my head against it. I was dipping in and out of consciousness. I layer there, feeling unable to move, when I heard footsteps approaching me. I had a little look to see it was Murr and Joe.
"This is... Emily I think. Sal was with her the other day" Murr said tilting my head.
"She's hanged her head. Should we take her to Sal?!" Joe suggested.
"Yeah" Murr said, picking me up. At this point I was unconscious.

They got me to Sal's house when he panicked.
"I'll take her upstairs!" Sal said carrying me up and gently placing me on his bed. "Q run over there and tell her parents!" Sal ordered in a panic.  
My mum raced over to the house with my brother. They waited in Sal's room with me and Sal in there too. I began to slowly blink and wake up. I sat up, with my head hurting, to see Sal, Connor and my mum all by my bed.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You slipped on ice and hurt your head, nothing really bad" Connor explained. I turned to Sal to see him looking released but scared I would shout at him.
"Where am I?" I asked looking around.
"My room" Sal said in a quiet voice. I could tell now it looked very neat and clean.
"Can I have a minute with Sal please... alone?" I asked. My mum and brother nodded and left the room, going back downstairs. Sal knelt down beside me with a worried look. He began to cry and I was confused why.
"I'm so sorry!" He said. "I love you so much and I broke your heart and now this!" He blurted out. He wiped away his tears with his hoodie sleeve. He looked really cute doing this. I grabbed hold of his hand. He looked down, quite confused.
"Sal I love.." I began until Melissa walked in. I immediately dropped his hand.