6. Crush

November 16th 2014, London

Waking up to an empty bed was surprisingly very disappointing. I had, indeed, fell asleep weirdly hoping to be able to cuddle with Jade for a little but that obviously didn't work out. I looked around, since I hadn't had the chance last night, and realized her bedroom was exactly what I expected it to be: tidy and minimalistic. She only had two pictures hung on the wall, one was with who I assumed to be her best friends and the other was a photo of her with a boy. A guitar was laid in the corner, next to a little desk, where a lot of vinyl and diaries were. As soon as I saw the latter, I immediately wondered what was written on them and almost decided to go through them. However, I was aware it wasn't the right thing to do so, to avoid making any mistake I'd soon regret, I decided to exit the room. 

Her flat was cutely small but, for some reason, it didn't feel as cozy as I expected it to be. Nothing was hung on walls and, while quietly walking through the hallway, I could only see closed doors. The only opened one was one where someone was sleeping, probably a roommate, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was a girl or a boy. However, as soon as I arrived in the kitchen and saw Jade, wearing nothing but a pretty short jumper, my mind forgot about everything else. 

"Good morning," I finally said, after standing still for a few seconds while staring at her and probably looking like a creep, 

"Hi," she said as she killed me with her smile, "I hope you like pancakes,"

"I'm a very severe judge when it comes to pancakes," I teased her, "are you sure you can handle it?" 

"Didn't I tell you I'm the best cook you've ever met?" she unconsciously smirked and, in that exact moment, I realized that no other girl had ever looked as beautiful as her without makeup and barely awake in my eyes,

"I think you omitted that part... I might kidnap you if that's the case though" I winked but she only snorted, leaving me speechless, once again. 

"Did you just snort at me?" I chuckled, "I must admit you astonish me every time,"

"I'm very special," she shrugged, while adorably giggling,

"I can't argue with that, you're definitely not ordinary," I admitted and felt satisfied as I noticed her cheeks turning bright red,

"Coffee or tea?" she immediately changed the topic,

"I'm more of a coffee person," I said so she only passed me a mug with "I like my coffee how I like myself: strong, sweet and too hot for you" written on it. I didn't know if it was intentional or not but, nonetheless, it made me smile. Our breakfast was silent as she probably wasn't a morning talker and I liked observing her. She also was a fast eater or she really loved chocolate chips pancakes because, as I still had a lot on my plate, she kindly excused her to go have a shower. Even if she had told me to leave everything in the sink, I decided to wash our plates and mugs anyway. 

"Oh my God, I thought you were a thief for a moment," I heard a voice I didn't know and turned around, "I'm Stella, Jade's best friend," she extended her hand,

"I'm Harry, nice to meet you" I shook her hand and felt kind of uncomfortable, "uhm, I should go put a t-shirt on or something,"

"Oh, don't worry," she laughed, "this is nothing I haven't seen before,"

"Right," I faked a giggle, 

"So... how old are you?" she smiled as she filled the mug I had just washed with coffee, 

"Twenty," I replied, "what about you?" 

"Eighteen," she smiled, "what do you do for a living?" she asked and I didn't know if she was serious or not. For some reason, I didn't trust this girl at all but, at the same time, I knew that she couldn't be that bad because she was Jade's friend.