eight

I can hear Ben old truck pulling up along side me  while I sit on the curb thinking about the whirlwind of a day.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!" Benj yells over the passenger's seat and through the window.

The amount of times we have watched Mean Girls over the course of our thirteen years of friendship is crazy. Oh how much I have missed hanging out with my best friend of all time. Sorry but not sorry at the same Mae.

I hop into his truck and immediately enclose him in a warm bear hug. Two weeks too long for us not hanging out.

All he does now is work and school. And of course dividing his free time with Mae, I love her but I need some time with my best friend too. So I'm gonna take this advantage to hang out with him and run with it.

We release each other from the forceful hug. Benj starts up the truck again and we're off.

For the majority of the ride Benj is just asking the plain old catching up questions like "how are you doing," "anything new going now?"

The last couple of minutes left of the ride to my house consist of questions about the whole Mason fiasco.

"Why did he start talking to you today out of all days?" Benj starts the conversation of the man, the myth, the dickhead... Mason Conway.

"It's probably because I had to ask for a ride to school from him."

Benj's jaw hit the floor of his truck hearing the news of my new chauffeur.

"You asked Mason, Mason Conway, for a ride to school? Have you lost your mind?" Benj asks still in his flabbergasted state.

"Did you not just hear me? I just said I did. Who else was I gonna ask, Will already left at that point."

"Uh I don't know... maybe meee!! Your best friend of fourteen years!" He managed to pick up his jaw off the floor.

"Next time I will."

Silence seems to overtake the air around us and last until he's in front of my humble abode.

He starts pulling into my driveway whispering to himself "Can't believe you asked him instead of me." He probably didn't intend on me hearing but I did.

I don't say anything because I know anything I say won't make up the fact that I didn't even think about him in my "time of utter need".

However I've decided I'm not going to let this ruin my time with Benji.

"Benj?" I ask lightly.

"Yeah?" Benj snaps out of his thoughts.

"You wanna come in and hang out for a bit? We barely get to see each other anymore. Other than the halls of school."

"Of course! I missed you A!" He answers in his typical chipper voice.

We both head up to the porch of my house when he hear a loud crash coming from the house across the street.

Benj and I turn to each other, giving each other "that" look. We already know some shit is going down in the Conway/Vargas household. We break eye contact and turn to the house as if watching an episode of The Real Housewives of whatever city they're in now.

More crashing followed along by a lot of screaming coming from the house.

Benj and I continue watching the pale White House with the blood red door in hopes of seeing something happen before our eyes.

And with that Mason throws open the front door storming out of the house. Looking as pissed as ever. He makes his to his truck right as his mom comes bolting out the front door in search of him. She starts screaming at Mason yet again.