II.

Author's Note: Thanks everyone for your feedback on the first chapter. I am very happy to be writing for you all again! I should note that this story has a definite end: it will be five parts in total. Expect sexual content to become more explicit as the story progresses.

**

II.

"That was quite the spectacle you put on last night."

Hans swallowed a yawn. He hadn't gotten a wink of sleep, and wasn't in the mood to be dealing with his brother. "There wasn't enough of an audience for it to be called a 'spectacle,'" he remarked, shrugging.

The king sneered at him. "My mistake, little brother—clearly, my wife, the queen, and the visiting queen of another kingdom weren't enough to satisfy your flair for drama."

"It was hardly a drama, Your Majesty," the prince replied, unfazed. "I had a private conversation with Her Highness, Queen Elsa of Arendelle. That's all."

Magnus frowned. "You directly disobeyed my orders, Hans."

Hans blinked in innocent surprise. "Did I?"

"I told you in this very room just a few days ago to be on your best behavior, and to be sure not to say anything foolish to our guest. Obviously, that was asking too much of you," his brother said, though he never raised his voice.

He doesn't need to, Hans reflected, when he's speaking with a child.

The youngest prince put on a sheepish look. "Forgive me, Your Majesty. I thought that you were merely suggesting I take these matters into consideration, rather than ordering me to follow them to the letter. My mistake," he apologized, bowing almost to the floor.

The king was unamused. "If it were only a 'suggestion,' I would never have bothered to tell you it in person," he snapped. "And now that I've told you twice, I'd better not see or hear anything else from you after this."

The comment was meant to sting, and in spite of Hans's best-built defenses, it did. "Of course, Your Majesty," he said, and kept his head bowed. "You won't hear - or see - a thing."

The king's frown dissipated. "Good. That's settled, then. You may leave."

Hans bowed again, and his expression returned to neutral as he walked away.

As soon as he exited the throne room, however, the image of rosy cheeks flashed through his mind, clearing the one of his brother's smug countenance away.

A smile broke out on his lips.

**

"Then teach me."

"... well, I would be honored, Your Highness. Though there may be some logistical issues to consider before we can begin..."

"I'll leave you to figure those out."

"Of course, I'd be happy to do so. But at least give me an idea of when I might be able to see you again in more private circumstances?"

"There will be a ball in the gallery after dinner. Perhaps after that."

**

It was bewildering to him how any of it had come to pass - her visit to court, their meeting again, her candidness with him, his offer to her, her acceptance of that offer - and yet it had, all the same.