Matthew Daddario

“Y/N!!!! Come over here you wildcat!” Matthew shouted at his best friend when she came to visit him on the set of Shadowhunters.

“Sup babe,” she walked over to him and gave him a friendly hug. Matthew blushed at the nickname as he always did and wished it would have lasted longer. Matthew Daddario has had feelings for Y/N since the second he laid eyes on her. And he would’ve told her too if it weren’t for the boyfriend she had back then.

After the pair broke up, Matthew was about to gather up the courage to tell her how he truly feels but he saw that she was too broken to enter another relationship so soon, so he decided to wait.

Unfortunately for Matt, Y/N began dating a guy she met at a bar two weeks ago, “Man, I really Ted-ed it up, didn’t I?” he asked one of his best pals, Dominic Sherwood, who only nodded in response and took a sip of his beer after. Matthew sighed deeply as he downed his fourth shot that night. That night, Matt got blackout drunk and woke up with a massive hangover that made him call in sick for work.

That night was also a week and a half ago. Now it was Monday morning time, and Y/N came to visit her best friend, Matthew on set. And obviously, make fun of him. Y/N greeted the rest of the cast members, which she befriended when she first came to the set six months ago.

The visit went by pretty quickly, Y/N filming each and every one of Matthew’s mistakes with an intention of showing him later when she was supposed to meet him at his house Friday night, but she never showed up. All Matt received was a mere apology text. Not even an explanation, just a “Sorry.” at eleven p.m.

_________________________________________

Another couple of weeks passed by, and Matt is yet to receive a message from Y/N, so he decided to call her. She answered on the third ring.

“Hello?”

“Y/N? It’s Matt. Why haven’t you been answering my texts?”

“I-I’m sorry Matt, I’ve just been busy. I’m sorry, I gotta go. I’ll come visit you on set tomorrow, I promise!” she said before hanging up, leaving Matthew dumbfounded.

The next morning Y/N showed up on set just like she promised. Only something was off. Y/N was wearing a long-sleeved, dark sweater, long skinny jeans, high combat boots and a scarf. Normally, it wouldn’t have been weird but now, it was. Not because of Y/N’s outfit, to Matthew, she always looked wonderful. It was weird because it’s currently summer. The sun was blazing and Y/N wore all black, a thing that rarely happens.

“Hey guys,” Y/N greeted the cast, not removing her dark sunglasses, which covered her eyes, despite being indoors. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and Matthew could have sworn he saw a purple bruise on her neck, peeking from behind her scarf. The cast greeted Y/N gleefully, not noticing a thing quite yet.

“Matt, Dom! Guys come to the set!” Matt Hastings shouted and Y/N immediately flinched from the loud noise. Matthew and Dominic headed to the set but not before Dominic saw Y/N flinch.

When their scene finished, Dom approached Y/N and asked if they could speak privately. She nodded shyly and followed him to his dressing room.

“What is it that you wanted to talk about, Dom?” Y/N inquired, still yet to remove her shades.

“Take off your sunglasses,” Dominic ordered, to which Y/N let out a loud gasp, “What? Why?”

“Do it,” he instructed her again.

“No.”

“Don’t make me remove them myself, Y/N,” Dominic said, his tone as serious as it could be.