The package

Hey guys! I have a long one for you guys. I hope you like it!

Jughead looked over at me and asked, "Where are your brothers?" I scratched the back of my neck "Oh, um, they will be here tomorrow. They needed to finish something up before they came back." I shrugged and walked to the front office. The woman glanced up from her phone with a sigh, "I'm assuming you're Octavia Pierce." I nodded "Yeah. I am." She practically threw my paper and ID at me. "That's your schedule. Have a good day." I raised my eyebrow "You could also try not to be so damn rude." I spat at her as I turned on my heels and walked out of the office. First period... English. I smile at my paper and walk towards room 312. 

Of course, the room would be filled with all of the jocks and vixens. After taking a quick sweep of the room, I spot an open seat in the middle of the room. I quickly made my way to it and waited for class to begin. 

"Hey, Octavia!" My head snapped up to the owner of the voice. 

Chuck Clayton. I hadn't noticed he was sitting next to me, I send him a soft smile and wave. "You got hot." He leaned closer to me. I laughed "Thanks, I guess?" with that, I turned my head back to my paper. "I was thinking... Now that you're back, do you wanna go on a date with me?" He whispered. My eyes widened, and I shifted my gaze to him again. "Um, I can't. I'm busy tonight, I'll let you know when I am free though." He grinned and nodded "Sounds good. Do you need my number?" 

I shook my head "No, I'll find you." I finished my paper and handed it to the teacher. He told me that I could study for the rest of the period. What was I going to study? I don't even have my books, this is my first class of the year. Oh well, I'll just listen to music. 

I smiled and nodded heading back to my seat, I popped my headphones in and listened to my favorite playlist until the end of class.

 I stood first and headed out without taking my headphones out. This place is boring. I miss Massachusetts. At least if I was bored there I could go to the next town. 

I listened to music in my classes until lunch. Just as I was about to enter the lunchroom, my phone went off. I fished it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID.

  Chauncey.

 I rolled my eyes and answered it "Hey, what's up?" I asked. "We've got the package in a safe place. It won't be found. We finished building the hatch, only we can enter it. I'll show you how it's done when you get home." Chauncey spoke. 

I leaned against a wall and nodded "Okay, good. We need to protect it. At least until we find out who is trying to hurt it... Or why the serpents were hired to grab it from Sweetwater. Just make sure it's comfortable, it isn't a prisoner." I ordered. Normally I was nice, but, in a situation like this, I needed to be strong. "Understood." He said and hung up. I locked my screen and stuffed it into my pocket. 

"What's the package?" I heard someone ask from around the corner. I peered around it, following the voice. Jughead. I raised an eyebrow "Do you always listen to other people's phone calls?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "No, only when people sound like they're trying to hide something. That, sounded like you were hiding something. So, what's the package?" I laughed "It's just my stuff from Mass. My clothes and my furniture." I lied smoothly. 

"Mhm... So, your mattress needs to be comfortable, because it's not a prisoner?" He crossed his arms, mirroring my posture. 

"Yes...?" He raised an eyebrow "You are the worst liar I have ever met Octavia. Tell me what's going on." I sighed and rolled my eyes.