Chapter Two

It was King Dice's turn to watch over Cuphead. He was so fragile, his breathing was shaky. Any second he was terrified it would stopped. It felt weird, but he was really concerned for the boy.

Mugman then walked in holding a present. King Dice smiled assuming it was a get well present. He walked up to Cuphead's beside. He had a weak grin.

" Sorry I never gave you your birthday present earlier... It's just you were in such a hurry I couldn't..."

" It's Cuphead's birthday?!"

King Dice was a little ticked off no one told him. He knows he's not Cuphead's favorite person, but he could of at least told him.

" It's both of ours. We're both eighteen today."

" I got to get him something! Take my shift Mugman!"

King Dice rushed out of the room and then out of the casino. He nearly died, so he might as well get him something. King didn't know where to head first though. What does Cuphead like? He's been working with this boy for six years, and he doesn't know what he likes?! He's so angry with himself now.

" Well, I guess I can get him some flowers."

He headed to the flowers shop ordering a dozen red roses. He then went and bought some chocolates having seen him eat some before. He then bought him a variety of things from man's cologne to a new top notch suit. He's not sure, but he felt like he's obliged to do this because.. because...

Why?

He came back to the casino with multiple bags. The staff was shocked. Was it really the appropriate time to go shopping?

What they didn't know this for his Cuphead. King liked the sound of that. His. It shows ownership, and Cuphead was his servant and always will be. He didn't care if that sounded possessive.

He made it back to Cuphead's room. He dropped everything seeing his eyes were opened. He was the only one in the room, so he decided to let his weak side show. He let the tears fall hugging him. Cuphead wasn't expecting this at all, but he excepted it for some reason.

" Are you in much pain?"

King Dice cupped his cheek in worry. Cuphead presses against contact liking the warmth of his hands. Dice blushed, but the question still stand.

" Sort of boss, but I'll be ok. Trust me!"

That's when Cuphead noticed all the bags.

" You went shopping?"

" For you. Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?"

" I wouldn't think you would care... it's getting late anyways, so it'll be over soon."

" Of course I would care. You should know that!"

" I'm sorry boss..."

Cuphead put his hand over Dice's and hesitantly pushed it away. He hated he cause such a scene and attention. Cuphead looked away avoiding eye contact. Why was his boss staring at him like that?

" I'm really happy you.. didn't die. If I listed you..."

The tears came back. Cuphead quickly tried to comfort him by pulling him close being careful of his chest. King Dice's cries were soon reduces to sniffles, and they turned into snores. Cuphead smirked finding Dice actually cute when he's asleep.

Mugman then walked in. He was about to yell out in joy, but then he saw King Dice asleep. Cuphead didn't even notice him. He just stared down at the man smiling. Mugman was surprised. It was rare for Cuphead to smile now a days.

" Hey Cuphead."

He whispered getting his attention. Cuphead blushed realizing how this all looked. Mugman fount it amusing. He then pointed at the present on the night stand.

" Happy birthday brother."

Cuphead looked at the present. He gave his brother a questionable look unraveling the small box. Tears came to his eyes at what he saw. It was a picture of him with Elder Kettle when he was just a baby.

" Where... Where did you find this?"

He touched the wooden frame that surrounded it. It was so neat and well done. Did he do this?

" I had a little help from a friend."

And by that, Mugman means the Devil. Over the years, Mugman and the Devil has become close, and the Devil would do a favor for him any day.

" Thank you. Um Mugs... do you mind leaving me alone with Dice?"

" Sure thing bro."

Mugman smirked leaving the two males together. Cuphead made sure he was gone before cuddling up to the man craving his warmth.