Mates

Big, playful and with big ears. Always happy to meet new friends, that's me. My name is Chanyeol and I am very happy because today my master and I will go to his partner's house to hang out. My master's name is Sehun, he is a very handsome young man with a great charisma. He works as a model and of course he is the best one. He is a person of impressive features, but also very kind and sometimes clumsy.

He always takes care of me a lot and spends as much time as he can with me. Today is his day off and we are going to see Suho. That is the name of his partner. My master will say that they are just friends, but I am a dog, I can sniff when two people are more than just friends. Also, the way they look when I see them together is very different from when Sehun spends time with his closest friends like Jongdae or Minseok. Which I know are also a couple, those two are so obvious.

When we arrived at Suho's house, a familiar scent comes to me but mixed with a very different one. One that I had never smelled before. The first was the smell of Suho's perfume, a very soft and sweet cologne, a smell that enchanted my nose and apparently my master's too because when they were facing each other Sehun pounced on him to hug him and give him a big kiss. It was fun to see them together. I was happy for my master. Suho was always very kind to me and brought me treats whenever he visited us. He was my favorite human after Sehun, of course.

That's when I saw it. Small, white and with huge eyes. It was Suho's pet, a cat. I know what you are going to say, problems are coming. But I've never really had problems with cats, despite being a dog. Minseok, one of Sehun's best friends, had a cat as a pet. A black cat named Kai, was a very quiet cat, but also funny. We have never fought, in fact, he along with Baekhyun, Jongdae's doggy. We are best friends, as well as my master and his friends.

So I made a choice and started to approach the small cat with huge eyes. He just watched me in the distance with a serious look. When I was close enough, I crouched down on the floor in a friendly manner waiting for him to react in some way. But he just kept watching me until, after I do not know how many seconds, he blinked a couple of times and just turned around and went ignoring me. It was a very strange reaction, but I figured maybe it was a bit shy, so I got up and started following him.

We went through the living room to the kitchen and then back to the room where his bed was and many stuffed toys. There was one that looked like a mouse. That one caught my attention and when I wanted to come close to smelling it, the cat snatched it from me and looked at me very seriously with those huge eyes. I was about to apologize when my master and his partner came into the room laughing very happy. Then they watched us as if they had just caught us committing some mischief.

"Channie," Suho called me as he got closer. "I see you've already met Kyungsoo. Maybe it was not what you two wvere expecting, a cat and a dog. But I know that both of you will going to get along. Right, Soo?" Then he turned to see his pet who relaxed his stance at the words of his master. Then he looked at me. He seemed resigned.

Then, Suho and Sehun went to the kitchen, leaving us alone again. Before I could turn around, I felt something bounce in my head and then fall to the floor. It was the mouse stuffed animal. Then I turned to see Soo and he was standing idly by with a murderous look.

"Listen to me well, dog. I will only tolerate you for the love of my master and Sehun, who surprises me with such bad taste in pets. But do not think about getting closer to me or my things, do not think we'll be friends. "

A few seconds passed and I could not stop watching him. I think he got impatient waiting for an answer because he narrowed his eyes and was about to throw me another stuffed animal when I interrupted him.