Chapter 6

I can't help but stare at Rogue's back as we walked along the street of Oak Town. For 3 years of staying at the forest, I find it unbelievable that this is the first time they went here.

Sting and Rogue's cold treatment to each other didn't escape me and I knew it had something to do with their conversation last night.

"Sting, Rogue. Make up already." I commanded, tugging both of their clothes from behind to make them halt.

"We're perfectly good, Lucy-san." Sting said through gritted teeth, glaring at his nonchalant bestfriend.

I sighed, then grabbing their hands as I pulled them to an empty alley. Crossing my arms in front of ny chests, I frowned at them.

"Why are you two even fighting?"

"We're no--"

I cut Sting off, "You are! Obviously!"

This is the first time we stepped foot in this town together, and here they are, not even in good terms.

"Well, Rogue here is apparently inlove with someone he's not supposed to be!" Sting yelled, an annoyed expression painted on his face.

'Inlove?'

Rogue shot Sting a glare, pulling him by the collar. "Can't you keep your mouth shut?!" For the first time, he raised his voice.

I stepped forward and had no trouble breaking the two, but then, Sting smirked at Rogue, triggering the latter to punch him.

"Stop it, you two!" I yelled, but was ignored as they continued exchanging blows.

I clutched my head in frustration and turned to Lector and Frosch for help, only to have my eyes widened as the two were nowhere to be found.

As if on cue, Lector flew to the alley, crying and was alone. This caught Sting's attention and stopped them both from killing each other.

"What happened?!" We all yelled in unison.

"Frosch was... Frosch was taken by some people!" The maroon exceed wailed, flying to Sting's chest.

"What?! Where?!"

Rogue was obviously furious and worry was written all over his face. Afterall, Frosch is his dearest friend. Lector then explained the situation, that they were buying some food when three men came and took Frosch, while Lector managed to escape to ask for our help.

"Why are you just standing there? Let's go find Frosh!" Sting nudged on his bestfriend as if they weren't just fighting earlier.

Although the situation wasn't nice, it made me feel relieved that they finally made up. And I can't help but be reminded of Fairy Tail. It used to be like this. Everyone always get into fights with each other, but at the end of the day, we're still a family.

"Lucy?"

I was pulled back to reality when I heard Rogue called, looking back at me, as they both already made their way out while I spaced out here.

I forced a smile and ran after them. Their keen senses made it easy for us to track the kidnappers by smell, and it led us outside the town, to the mountain area, and to a pink building which appears to be a small guild.

"They better be prepared to meet their end." Rogue muttered in a deep tone as I felt a dangerous aura engulfing him.

Before I could even stop them, Sting kicked the doors open, revealing several people drinking, with some men on the floor, beat up. We caught all of their attentions as they turned to us with arrogant looks on their faces.