He

Thomas walked into class, laughing Teresa right behind him. Teresa was his new friend.

,, Did he actually said that?" Teresa asked, trying not to laugh.

,, Yep." Thomas nodded.

,, Jesus." Teresa continued laughing.

Thomas went to his desk and Teresa to her desk. Then, the teacher walked in. She placed her bag on a desk and said loudly:
,, Today, we have another new student. But sadly, I think he's ill or-"

Then the door burst open and one boy rushed in.

,, I-I'm sorry I'm late." He apologized.

,, It's fine." The teacher said and turned to students. ,, Everybody, this is Newt. He came here from...Newt?"

Thomas looked at the new boy. He was freaking out. His hands shook.

,, Is everything okay?" The teacher asked.

,, Y-y-yeah. I-I'm fine." His voice was shaking and Thomas noticed that his eyes were red. Did he cry?

,, Okay. Have a seat." The teacher searched for an empty seat. ,, There's one free seat next to Thomas. You can go there."

The new boy, Newt, looked at Thomas and then, very carefully, walked to him and sat down on the edge of the chair.

,, So, I'm happy to announce, that I have a very exciting project for you. But first I want you to choose your partners."

Ava turned to Thomas. ,, You wanna be my partner, hot body?"

She's weird.

,, Thomas!" It was Teresa. She waved to Thomas. ,, Come here! Let's work together!"

,, I-"

,, Have you already selected your partners?" The teacher asked. ,, Thomas?"

Ava gave Thomas a look that said, be with me...hot body.

,, Who's your partner?" The teacher asked.

,, Umm...Newt."

Newt winced.

,, What?" Ava screamed over the class.

Teresa gave Thomas surprised look.
What are you doing? She definitely wanted to ask.

,, Okay. It's nice." The teacher wrote their names down.

,, Teresa. Who's your partner?"

,, Brenda." Teresa answered, her voice was a little bit angry.

Ava turned away from Thomas. ,, Suit yourself!"

The teacher asked who was with who and then the clock sounded.

Newt threw his books into the bag and ran out of class. Thomas followed him.

,, Hey, Newt." He said. The boy winced.

,, Sorry...so...about the project...what do you want to do it about?"

Newt looked at him. He was wearing a gray hoodie and grey sweatpants. His hair was dirty blonde.

,, I-I-I don't know." Newt stuttered. He had a British accent.

,, Well, I don't have any ideas too, so I think we should give each other our numbers so we can call or send a message when we have an idea. Okay?"

,, Okay." Newt opened his bag and searched for the phone.

,, This is my number." Thomas said and showed Newt his phone. The boy came closer to him to see what the number was and Thomas saw that he was nervous. His hands shook a bit and his face was wet because he sweat.

,, G-Got it." Newt said and showed his number to Thomas who quickly wrote it down.

,, Keep in touch." Thomas said when they were in front of the school and he started walking towards his home.

Newt waved to him.

* * *

,, How was your day, bro?" Chuck asked when Thomas stepped into the house.

,, Fine. The teacher gave us a project. We can do it about whatever we want. My partner is Newt. He's the new boy."

,, I saw him today. He's weird."

,, Don't say like that. He's shy but he seems nice guy to me."

,, Whatever."

Thomas went upstairs and sent Newt a message.

T: Hey. Do you have ideas for the project?

Then he took out his books and started doing his homework.