•Part Two•

Braden's POV
I'm certain ambulance rides were made for a ton of anxiety. Not only are we driving really fast but just the thought of being in a vehicle with a dying person or injured person makes me feel queasy. I also have bad memories with an ambulance from when I was with my mom going to the hospital. I won't tell you what happened to her quite yet. I stared at the Heart Rate Monitor watching it slow down each beat. I felt really claustrophobic. Why aren't there any windows in an ambulance? I mean.. I know why, but please just a dimmed window so I could see the outside universe? That's when I started to get angry. It was all my fault on why Y/N got hit.. I should have went to her when I saw her crying. I could have comforted her so she could safely cross the street. But no!! I decided to just watch her. I couldn't believe myself. I knew her boyfriend was cheating on her, with many girls! I could have told her before.. But I couldn't tell her because I was too "shy!" I'm so dumb.. Why couldn't I have just helped her beforehand.
Flashback
"Dad.. What's this on your phone?" I asked my father. "Oh don't worry about it Braden.. It's nothing." "It says you're going to kill mom in 2008" I replied. "I would never ever do that to her." He reassured me. "Oh okay.." I said believing every word he said.
7 years later *2014*
"Mum. Mum!! Please listen to me!!" There was no response, her limp body just laid there with no sign of movement. "Oh please don't die!! It's all my fault!! I should have told you.." I said, talking to no one whatsoever.

Reality
I found myself crying again. It was my fault that my mother was gone. I should I have told her when I was 11 and found that message. Four years without her.. I could have done anything to save her. Now I could blame myself for hurting another person. Why did the world have to turn on me. Why is everything my fault?! I was crying more than ever when we finally got to the hospital. I could tell by the feeling..miserable. Who could be happy at a hospital? I pulled myself together and went inside with the paramedics. I tried to read the sign but all I could make out without my glasses was "WFDICAL MARD" I threw on my glasses and read the sign again "MEDICAL WARD" I took a breath of relief, I was too familiar with the surgical ward. The doctors asked me to wait in the waiting room and I did as they said. I hated being in rooms with anxious family members. It made me feel much more anxious. I decided to go down to the Children's part of the hospital and cheer some of them up. I sanitized my hands before entering, a nurse allowed me to go in. I went to the games room and picked up a book that would be appealing to a young kid and knocked on room 206. A father answered the door and I introduced myself. I walked into the room and sat on a chair beside the child's bed. I told the father he could go for a walk or go get a coffee and he did. I didn't know where the mother was but I shrugged it off. "Hi!" The young boy said to me. He was very pale and slim. He had a bald head and hardly any eyebrows. "Hi!!" I said smiling. "I'm Sammy.." He said smiling back at me. "I'm Braden.. But some people call me Corl so call me whatever feels right to you!!" I said with a chuckle. "Why are you here?" He asked me. "Well.. I currently I have a friend here and I didn't want to wait in the waiting room. So I came here to cheer some kids up!!" I replied. "Most of us don't need to be cheered up." He said to me. I looked confused. "We have eachother and we like to think positive." Sammy told me and that's when I began to think. "So.. What books do you have?" He asked me, breaking my train of thought. I told him the one book I brought and began to read to him. After some time the father came back and I left, leaving the book with Sammy. I went back to the waiting room and sat there, staring off into space. "Excuse me, sir?" An unfamiliar voice asked me. I looked up to see a nurse. "Oh. Uh yes....ma'am?" I said awkwardly. "Ms. L/N is feeling better.." The nurse informed me. I got up and went in the room after sanitizing my hands again. "What?! You?!" Y/N said in shock after I walked in. "H-hi.." I said, stuttering and sat down on a chair beside her bed. "How are you feeling?" I asked her. "Sore.." She said smiling at me. "I'm Braden by the way.." I said. "And I'm Y/N" She replied, staring off into space. I smiled, not knowing what to say. "Do you know what happened to me?" She asked me after some time. I nodded "You were crossing the street and got hit by a car." "Oh.." She replied. "Where's Chris..?" She asked me. "Oh.. He won't be coming." I replied, not wanting to re-break the news to her. "Wh-what?? Why!!" She asked, looking straight at me, her eyes filled with worry. "He cheated on you with a ton of girls." I said quietly. "What...?" She whispered, starting to cry. I had no idea what to do, I didn't want to cause her any pain. So I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She smiled weakly at me.