.01

Jessie Kennington

'Am I supposed to look at her like that? Could it be wrong? When's just she so nice to look at? She smells like lemon grass and sleep. She taste like apple juice and peach. You would find her in a Polaroid picture.'

Was she really writing that in her English assignment? Of course she trusted her English teacher but it would be in front of the whole class. She looked down at her paper with a small smile then glanced over to the desk that was two desk away from her. She leaned on her hand and gave a dazed smile with a silly hand wave. The girl of her dreams, Marianne Mark. When she saw her waved back, Jessie could feel her heart melt inside her chest. She took a deep breath then looked away and continued to stare at the words on the page. 

"Hi Jessie~" A soft voice broke the focus going on inside of Jessie's head. She looked up with a small blush seeing Marianne in front of her. 

"O-oh! Hey Mari!" She said nervously, she fiddled with her hands looking up at the most beautiful brunette right in front of her. "Need help with anything Annie??" she asked eagerly, wanting to spend some time with her. 

"Hm? Oh no. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out after school! A bunch of us are going to the creek to go swimming and I was wondering if you wanted to go with us, since it's so hot outside." Marianne explained with a huge beautiful smile on her face. Her brown hair falling in front of her face from her messy bun coming loose. 

Jessie silently nodded watching those strands of air fall into her face. That was one of the many reasons why she felt the way she did about Marianne. Those small things she does, it makes her heart flutter and her face flush. 

"Great! We can all walk their together!" Marianne said with such excitement in her voice it snapped Jessie out of her flushed daze.

"Huh? Wait, what about bathing suits??" Jessie asked looking up at her with a confused look in her eyes. She wasn't a girl too go do things like Marianne but she would do anything for this blue eyed girl.

"Awh, Jess you're so cute. We don't need our bathing suits we can just wear our bra's and underwear~" Mari said leaning close to her and poking her nose gently.

"Oh.. O-oh..!" Jessie took a while to realize and as soon as she did her face became bright red then hid her face down on her desk trying to get the idea of seeing Marianne in just her underclothes. "I-I mean.. Yeah I'll go.." she said slightly muffled from hiding her face in her arms.

"Great! I'll walk with you after school." Annie said with a wink and blowing Jessie a kiss then went back to her seat. Jessie could feel her face burn as it flushed harder than she had ever before. Was Marianne intentionally teasing her? Could she think the same way as Jessie? No, That was impossible.

As the school day went on Jessie was stressing about the swimming date and she couldn't get the thought of Marianne half naked in front of her, let alone swimming in the same water as her. She needed to talk to someone about this. Someone she trusted, someone who wouldn't tell another soul.

Her English teacher? Maybe? She needed to be careful with her words. She didn't know how he felt about these things. She knew most teachers disliked, well, more hated the idea of same sex couples or even crushes but she had to tell someone.

It was Lunch, perfect time for a one on one with her English teacher. Jessie noticed that he never really ate with the other teachers. Maybe he was different? She walked up to his classroom and knocked on the door gently not to make to much noise.

"Mr. Martin? Are you busy?"
"Hm? Oh no. I'm not busy at all. Come on in Jessie."

She stepped into the classroom and shutting the door behind her making sure no one would walk in and that no one was hiding out in the classroom. She took a deep breath to calm herself down then proceeded to sit in the desk closet to her teachers desk.

"How may I help you Jessie? You usually have no trouble with the writing assignments." Mr. Martin said with a confused furrow of his brow.
"I know, I'm not here for that."
"Then for what? Is everything alright?"
"..I.. I don't know.. I mean, yes, but I'm nervous and scared and I don't know how you feel about these things and I can't go to anyone else but I don't want you to think badly of me.." Jessie said talking quickly but ended up looking down at her hands.

"Now, Jessie. You can talk to me about anything. It would never change my thoughts about you." Mr. Martin said with a soft chuckle getting out of his desk sitting on the front of it. "Speak your thoughts."

"Well. Marianne invited me to the creek later to go swimming with a couple friends and her but.. you see.. I um, I.." She stopped looking down, her chest started tightening and her eyes started to burn with tears. She felt some of them fall down her cheeks. She couldn't love a girl! It was bad, it was frowned upon and there wasn't even a guarantee that Marianne liked her back.

Her head started spinning and she hid behind her hands as her breathing started to speed up. It made her hands start to shake and it made her pick at the sides of her finger tips. She looked up for a moment then saw Mr. Martin saying something but she couldn't hear what he was saying. All she could do was feel the tears on her cheeks and the lump in her throat.

"Jessie.. It's okay just breathe, deep breaths in and out. It's alright. I'm not going to be mad or think of you differently.." Mr. Martin said before putting a gentle hand on her shoulder. He felt her ease into him, he sighed then knelt down in front of her desk.
"Jessie, you are indeed one of my favorite students and I would never ever think of you differently just because of the choices you make.." he said with a small comforting smile. "Do you believe me?" he asked tilting up her head.

Jessie nodded slowly wiping her eyes then took a few deep breaths and tried to calm herself down then looked at him.
"Mr. Martin. I have a crush on.. um.. I have a crush on Marianne.. and I want to know how to deal with that.. I've always been told that, living like that was wrong.." she said looking at him, instantly getting anxious again but all that melted away when he smiled.

"Jessie, It's totally alright to feel that way.." Mr. Martin said with a comforting tone of voice. "The way you deal with it is the same as having a crush on a boy. You try to ask them out, if it doesn't work out then it isn't the end of the world but remember, you are not a bad person for feeling this way." he said reassuringly not wanting Jessie to think badly of her self.

Jessie nodded looking down then smiled again, feeling a bit better knowing someone she looked up to accepts her. "Thank you, Mr. Martin." she said standing up grabbing her bag then gave her teachet a hug.
"It makes me feel better now that someone else knows." she said with the most calm tone she had all day.

"Of course Jessie.." Mr. Martin said patting her back while hugging back then stepped back. "Now run along. Schools almost over."
"Sir, yes, sir!" Jessie said then walked out of his classroom and off to math.

Three periods felt like a life time when Jessie knew what would be happening after school ended. She watched the bell all of last period. That dismissal bell never sounded heavenly until today, as soon as it went off she was out of her seat and racing towards the exact. She waited outside for Marianne looking around for.

"Jessie!"

Jessie looked up seeing the brunette running towards her. It was the most beautiful image she had ever seen. Mentally taking a picture of this moment. Marianne was running towards her. The wind was making her brown hair blow around but it still looked as beautiful as ever. She looked like angel sent from heaven above and it made Jessie fall in love all over again.

"You ready??" Marianne asked with a smile leaning against her arm.
"Yep!" Jessie said with a small giggle.