[Chapter 13] That Was The Plan

Felix turned around in circles, looking at all of the scared campers faces, satisfaction growing inside of him. He noticed that Kalel, Lisa, Dan, Jack, and Joey were missing. The smirk on his face faded and he became serious, remembering the reason he dropped down, "Right," He said to himself before saying to the group, "I don't come out very much, but when I do, I do it because something's up. This time it's because you refuse to do as I say. And what I say is that I want you to kill those two traitors," He pointed out towards Anthony and Rachael who were holding on to life by a string, "And I want you to do it without questioning!"

"Without questioning?" Shane repeated, "You want us to kill our friend! And her sister!" He exclaimed, pointing in Natalie's direction, "And you expect us to do that without questioning!?!"

"They're traitors - they tried to escape," Felix explained, beginning to pace back and forth, "And if any of you want to try what they tried? Oh...that out there is child's play," He shot his finger in the direction of the YouTuber and adviser, "If any of you try to escape, your punishment will be much much worse." No one said a word, not even Shane. "Now shoot them," And with that, Felix disappeared once again.

The remaining YouTubers, three advisers, and challenge girls stood in awe.

Natalie shook her head, "I'm sorry, but I really can't do this, guys," She muttered.

"You have to," Meghan murmured, "We all have to."

"I can't shoot my sister!" She cried, "I'd rather d..." Before she could finish, Zach clamped his hand over Natalie's mouth. She glanced up at him with puffy and red eyes.

"Don't finish your sentence," He whispered to her, "Because Felix will hear you and you probably will die." What she said in response to that came out in a muffled mess. Ian heaved a sigh and placed his hand on Nat's shoulder.

"Come on, we can do this." Natalie shook her head no, "It may hurt, but we can do this." He took her hand in his and led her to the white line that was painted at the edge of the shore. Ian took stance and glanced over at the adviser, saying, "Come on."

Natalie shakily aimed the arrow at her sister's back. It was hard for her to keep the arrow on the lip of the bow. Ian exhaled slightly before pulling back his arrow. Everyone stood as still as they could've, on their toes, waiting to see if Ian would really do it. And to everyone's surprise, he did. The arrow lodged itself into Anthony's calf. The YouTubers and advisers gasped as Anthony's scream echoed through the forest.

"Now you go," Ian told Natalie, "If I can do it, you can do it too."

Natalie swallowed hard before extending her elbow backwards. She closed her eyes and let the arrow fly. She opened one of her eyes to see the arrow fall short and fall in the water. She heaved a sigh of relief.

"You've got two more," Shane reminded her. She glared back at him.

Ian knocked another arrow and, like Natalie did on her first shot, missed. The two of them went through their quivers of arrows, purposely or unpurposely missing the rest of the shots. Shane volunteered to go next, dragging Meghan along with him.

Shane had no hesitation knocking his arrow and shooting Rachael directly in the back - dead bullseye. She whimpered in pain, not having enough strength to scream.

"Shane!" Meghan cried, "What the hell?"

Shane dropped his arrow and quiver and walked away, announcing to everyone, "That's how you fucking do it. Now stop being pussies and just do the damn challenge!" He stormed off.

"What a dick," Abby murmured under her breath.

"I know, right?" Mari whispered to her.

"Meghan, it's your turn," Zach remarked, crossing his arms over his chest.