ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ᴛᴇɴ

"I'm sorry…" Dean finally murmured breaking the growing silence and tension between them. "I'm sorry for everything look I was going to tell you I-"

"You're sorry? In the last day I was pushed out of my home and found out that my husband is a monster Hunter and then my mother died and I was forced to stab a demon… I'm really glad that you're sorry though," She snapped her body facing away from him as we're her eyes. 

"Look Y/N I know you're upset but-"

"Upset is an understatement I'm pissed!" She exclaimed, jabbing a finger at him. "You don't love me you've put me through hell and you don't even care-"

"Of course I care… I just didn't think that this would happen," Dean mumbled his apple green eyes glossing over. "I didn't think that it would turn out like this,"

"You've been lying to me ever since we met… It's almost like I don't even know you and you thought that I would never find out how unbelievable," She mumbled the sobs already escaping her lips breaking his heart however this time he didn't comfort her knowing fully well that would only make it worse thus the only thing that she needed now was space and he'll gladly give that to her. 

"Y/N I'm sorry I did it to protect you," He mumbled avoiding her gaze.

"You're only with me so you could survive-"

"Sam and I killed that monster a long time ago… If what we share isn't real then why the hell would I still be with you?" He asked

"It doesn't explain why in the hell you thought that it would be the right thing to put my family in danger by staying with me," She mumbled through a sigh. "Because right now you and I both know that would have been the easier-"

"I didn't want easy Y/N I thought that if no one knew about you… About us that maybe-"

"That we could live happily ever after? Even if that was true it still wouldn't be possible with you being gone every weekend," She pointed out through a snarl.

"I didn't want it to end up this way but I knew… I knew that I wanted to be with you," He mumbled through a sigh. "Ever since our first date ever since that monster laid eyes on you I knew this is what I was meant to be protective of,"

"You risked my life and-"

"I risked everything for you," He cut her short.

"You… You let Y/S/N be brought into a world like this you knew how many monsters were after you… And yet-"

"I know…" He murmured their eyes finally meeting both glazed over with tears except for Y/N actually let hers fall. "Everything is all my fault,"

"H-How could you do this to me… You've ruined my life," She explained even though she knew fully well that her words simply weren't true. "My mother is dead because of you,"

Her words were like acid against Dean's heart, melting it away and into nothing. He didn't think he had one after that he didn't feel like he had one at least. 

Everything in him sunk to the floor at that moment in time. He didn't think it was fair however in the back of his mind he knew that it was- Dean Winchester knew that he had done this to himself and that was the part that hurt the most. 

"Y/N please please forgive me I love you," He pleaded taking her bitter hand in his warm larger one. Although he knew that this wouldn't be enough as always… This time it wasn't simply being fine it was being himself. 

Once again the past had caught up to him, and even if he knew this would happen he hadn't expected it so soon for the first time ever he hadn't expected it at all. 

And maybe that was his fault.

"Tell me everything," She whispered soft enough to the point he almost didn't hear her. "Tell me everything Dean,"

"Well…" And that's how they could be found for hours driving around even if Sam and Gabriel had found a motel many times this was their time for no one to hear no one to know about except each other. 

"Wow," Y/N finally managed to get out after minutes of silence in an attempt to process what in the hell she had just heard. "How do you do it?" She knew how dumb it sounded however that was the question that simply wouldn't stop nagging her mind. 

"It's… Difficult, and it's brutal but- but it's all worth it in the end to help people," He explained through a sigh knowing fully well that Y/N was thinking. 

That he was a fucking crazy man choosing to fight monsters and almost get killed every other day in order to save strangers… Giving up his happiness to save the lives of strangers. 

That's what the true Dean Winchester was doing. 

"You're a hero Dean… And you're not supposed to be a normal person and that's alright but-but you lead me to believe that you were for all those years and I-" A sob escaped her lips catching them both by surprise abruptly cutting her off. "And I'll just have to come to terms with that and-"

Suddenly his lips could be found being shoved against hers, forcefully and yet gently. Everything in that moment disappeared all their worries all of their stress. Right then they were each others and no one else's and that was something worth living for… Worth fighting for.

"I'm no hero," He murmured against her lips thumb stroking her cheek. "I'm just the man who always seems to find a way to put his family in danger," lazily her eyelids were peeled open revealing her glossy eyes, her hands went around behind his neck playing gently with the nips of his hair.

She didn't know what to say his words were true after all although they didn't have to be the truth any longer. "Well then maybe we can be a monster hunting family… Like yours was,"

"Fuck no Y/S/N is not ending up like me he's not going to be a monster hunter and he's not going to risk his life like me it's not going to happen,"

"Then what are we supposed to do?" She asked through a sigh lips brushing against his. 

"You're supposed to leave me and never see me again and live the life that you're supposed to live without danger," He mumbled each word escaping his lips like a stab to the chest. 

"That's not gonna happen look I may be angry and-"

"Neither of you both are going to end up like me neither of you I won't let that happen-" And suddenly they were in a hotel parking lot Dean jumping out of the car before Y/N could continue. 

Them both knowing fully well that a fight would occur out of this and it wasn't going to end up pretty that's for sure.

And maybe just maybe it would end up going the way both of them wanted.