To Paris we go!

I am Jacintha your ordinary girl at age 15 in high school,  I was a normal girl living a normal teenage life until...

"Jacintha! Are you packed and ready to go, we're leaving in ten minutes" my dad yelled up the stairs while my brothers John, Jack and Justin were putting they're bags in the car.

 We were going to my grandparents house, they're house has been in our family for generations, even my parents say they are going to live in that house when they are older. "I'm packed and ready to go"! I told my parents as I quickly ran down the stairs stumbling.

" Jacintha do  you really need five bags? We will only be there for a week" my mom said looking through my bags to see my phone, phone charger, makeup, to much clothes and WAY to many shoes (Well, not to me at least).

"Mom, Grandma and Gandpa live in PARIS no way I'm going with sevenor eight pairs of clothes, if I'm going to Paris so are my favorite clothes and shoes" I told  her quickly piling my stuff into the car to go to the airport.

 "Everybody ready? We have to be at the airport in 30 minutes and it's a 20 minute drive, we should have left 20 minutes ago"! My dad yelled again as he is locking the doors to the house and starting up the car.

"I am super excited to go to Paris and go shopping"! I squealed in the backseat making my brothers groan, they hate shopping for clothes I don't get it.

"Well, I am more excited to see all the museums and visit the Eiffel Tower"! My brother John said, BTW he's a nerd. He loves anything to do with education, history and always says he loves 'feeding his brain with information about the past'. "Justin, what are you most excited for"? I ask Justin is the oldest out of all of us kids actually. 

"Well, I am excited to explore a new place maybe meet new people,  if they can understand us" we all burst out into laughter at his comment. "Oh then maybe I should learn to speak French, maybe we all should"! John quickly grabbed a French book out of nowhere and started giving us all French lessons. 

Our other brother Jack was the youngest, he doesn't like talking that much but I know he will enjoy this trip. He enjoys traveling and trying out new food. Once we arrived at the airport we got through security and boarded the plane right away. Jack fell asleep on the way to Paris, it was a 11 hour flight from New York.

 I was on my phone like the whole time, John kept trying to learn French, Justin watched a couple movies on the small screen on the seat in front of him and I don't know what my Parents did they sat in the row behind me and Jack. Justin and John sat in the seats in front of me so I was able to see what they were doing.

Once we arrived at Paris we took a rental car to my Grandparent's house. " Mom are we there yet" I groaned, I was barely awake. "Just a couple more minutes until we're there, it won't be too long" My mom said from the drivers seat, my dad had blurry vision and we kept forgetting to get him to the eye doctor.

"Mom did you know that ' Où se trouvent les toilettes' means where is the bathroom in French? I will definitely use that"! John kept telling all of us how to introduce ourselves in French, it's getting annoying. "Wow, John you are really getting the hang of this whole French thing aren't you". My mom replied impressed. 

"Mom! That's the house isn't it, I recognize it from last time I was here" Justin said, I shot a quick look at him as did John and Jack. Last time Justin was there Jack, John and I stayed home so he always brags about how he visited Paris before me and our other brothers.

"Yes Justin that is they're house, I could recognize it from anywhere" my dad put in since it was his side of the family that lived in the house. "Finally we're here I'm half asleep back here people" I could barely keep my eyes open, I didn't sleep during the flight at all.

When we walked into the house our grandparents right away have us all hugs and helped us unload our stuff. "Ma! Pops! It's been to long"! My dad said giving my grandfather and grandmother hugs.

 My dad said that him and his father were really close before he moved to America and met my mom. My dad is French, English was his second language. He learned English because his parents knew both too.

"Grandfather! Grandmother! It brings me such great and wonderfully pleasant  joy to see you again"! John said giving them both big hugs (again for the millionth time). "John! Look how big You've grown"! My Grandma said. "Hi! Grandma, Grandpa! I'm so happy to see you again"! I say hugging them. 

"Justin! com ere myboy give granpa a hug" My grandpa couldn't pronounce anything right not just because of his accent. After we were all settled in we sat in the living room and watched a movie as a family and ate popcorn, then we went to bed. I was out like a light, it was a long day and I was excited to get up and go shopping!