Prologue

Grayson Dolan has an incredible smile; I don't even know how to explain it, it literally lights up his whole face, but even describing it like that doesn't seem to do it justice. It's the type of smile that makes you smile. The type of smile where whether it's a smirk, a soft smile, or a grin, you're drawn to be in on whatever he's happy about or laughing at. In short his smile is contagious. Grayson Dolan is the secret that everyone wanted in on; his charisma magnetic, just like his smile.
I don't remember the first time I saw him; I don't even remember the first time I talked to him, to be honest. He'd always been there, for as long as I could remember. He was always right by my side, whether I liked it or not, and if it wasn't him, it was his twin brother; the two boys just as stuck to each other as I was to them.

Dolan and Dominic ... two last names that didn't sound alike in the slightest, except for the 'D' sound, but unfortunately, that was just enough to put the Dolan twins next to me in nearly every class. Most teachers throughout my academic career made the class sit in alphabetical order by last name, leaving me to sit next to either Grayson, or Ethan, Grayson's twin brother, depending on which one was in my class.

Ethan, and Grayson Dolan are two incredibly obnoxious, hilarious, and ridiculously good-looking teenagers who I can't seem to shake, no matter what I do. I know what you're thinking, especially with the way I just described them in the last sentence:

Why would you want to shake them? They sound like hot, funny, outgoing guys, but as I'm sure you've heard, at first glance, nothing is as it seems.

You know that saying, "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt?" This is one of those times.