Chapter Twenty Four: The Pathfinder Team

5th of April, 8 AJ

Time: 1200

Location: Yet another unknown bed, this time in a pure white room

Hope groaned as she stared right at a fluorescent light. A throbbing pain in the back of her head was all she knew at the moment. As she continued to groan and rub the back of her head, a woman's voice came from Hope's right.

"Oh, you're awake. How do you feel?" This woman didn't sound like Goldy, nor Dawn, or anyone that Hope knew, for that matter. Not even Sara nor Cora.

"Like shit. Excuse my language, I picked it up from my fellow Pilots. Damn, why won't this pain go away?"

"Where is it?"

"Mostly the back of my neck and.... OW! OW OW OW! What happened to my legs?" The pain from when Hammer's legs were ripped off greeted her once again.

"Uh, nothing. SAM?"

A male, robotic voice began to talk from above Hope's head. "Electrical scans suggest a misfire of the pain receptors from her hips down. I advise a dose of medication to stop those cells from communicating."

"Thank you SAM."

A pain shot through Hope's lower body and all she felt was the throbbing pain in her head.

Hammer? Can you hear me?

Yes. What is it?

Has anything happened to your head?

No. Why?

I'm getting a massive amount of pain in the back of my neck.

Hold on.... Hammer fell silent.

Hammer?

....

Hammer, you there? I- AGH! A massive pain shot through her brain and she clutched the sides of her head. She curled up into a ball in agony and was overcome by pain. She screamed till her throat went dry and she felt her body slowly drift away from consciousness. She fought back against the tide and struggled desperately to stay conscious. Scott's voice came from Hope's left.

"Lexi, what's happening?"

"I don't know! SAM tried to link with an implant she has and this happened!"

"Wait, 'link?' Fuck! Kallo! Get us to Ark Hyperion, now!"

A male voice came from somewhere. "Got it. Full speed to Ark Hyperion."

A woman's voice came from seemingly where Scott was standing. "I've let the Ark know that we're coming and that something went wrong with a SAM implant. That'll rush her to SAM Node."

Scott's voice was a lot calmer and collected now. "Nice one Vetra. Lexi?"

"Not good. Her mind's going haywire."

Sara began to speak. Hope guessed she was next to her brother. "SAM, can you stop the link process?"

"Not if we want to kill the girl."

"Damn it. Well, where's her implant?"

"Don't touch her. We don't know what will happen." Scott seemed to grow quieter.

Lexi gasped. "We're losing her! Sara, try to...." Lexi's voice faded away. Hope had lost her battle.

She flashed in and out of consciousness, pain greeting her at every second. Eventually, eiry peace greeted her. Hope felt nothing. She guessed that she was lying on her back with her hands crossed on her chest. It was a while before she realized that she wasn't breathing. Hope gulped in air as she bolted up. She was in a dark, dank metal room. A blue glow tinged everything in the room. Sara was sitting on the floor, staring at the ground before her. She looked over at Hope when she bolted upright. Sara took a couple of seconds to realize that Hope was alive. Sara jumped to her feet and walked over to Hope.