Chapter 5: Conversations

💚💚💚My dear little broccolis.

~ Well, I don't have much to say, except enjoy this chapter as it given to you. Hope you will like it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

Love, Mina 💚💚💚

.

Chapter 5: Conversations (2,8K)

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins

La Femme Chocolat - Olivia Ruiz

If U Seek Amy - Britney Spears

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

Multi PoV

"What did you do Jace?" Aline asked with a very suspicious voice, raising herself from the bed with the help of her elbows.

Jace avoided looking at her, and walked straight to the wardrobe as he mumbles under his breath a small: "Nothing."

He just came back from walking on Clary and her marvel to the sunrise, and all he had been able to think about was that he had wished she wasn't engaged, or at least not to Sebastian. After all, the fact that a woman was committed to another man never stopped Jace from pursuing her; but he wouldn't do that to Aline, no matter what his relationship was to Seb.

The three of them grew up together, but the two boys never managed to develop a real friendship. Aline was their only link, and the only reason why they would speak to one another, and be polite about it. Of course, Aline loved them both, but that love never managed to make the boys like each other. They didn't dislike one another either, they just adjusted with the presence of the other in their lives. And the fact that as they grew up to be adults and hadn't done a thing to see each other over the years only confirmed that they simply weren't meant to be friends.

Aline properly sat in her bed, all sleep gone from her face as she glared at Jace, ready to lecture him; and so Jace cut her off before she could put him in a foul mood before the sun was high in the sky with piercing voice: "I swear, Aline. She's your cousin's fiancé. Even I have some morals. Have a little faith in me!"

She didn't reply anything to that, and Jace stopped pretending that he was actually doing something in the wardrobe. He let himself fall backward on the bed, his head landing next to Aline's hips while his mind was still wandering on what happened just a few minutes ago. Would have Clary been single, he would have kissed her right at the moment when the first rays of sun touched her fair skin.

He never thought he would have said that one day, but for a moment, she looked like an angel. The way the colours embraced her skin, the way her green eyes sparkled with wonders, the way the few loose strands of her hair flew around her face with the faint morning breeze, the way her chest rose up and down with excitement.

With a shake of his head, Jace shook his head, hardly swallowing and thinking that he shouldn't be so obsessed with a girl he only met once, five years ago. She wasn't the sexiest woman he had laid with, so he shouldn't be so excited by the mere thought of her in the morning lights.

As he was doing his best to picture Georges Washington, he felt Aline weave her fingers in his hair and gently comb it. Even though he didn't open back his eyes, he gave her a small smile, apologising through it for his behaviour and the way he was not playing the perfect husband to her in front of her closest family member.