Prolouge

A boy with long black hair was feeding a small duck at his feet. "Ahiru," he said, "Mytho and Rue are happy in their kingdom. Maybe they will visit?"

The duck quacked happily, as if in agreement.

He sat on a wooden chair along the lake's edge and began to watch the waves lap at the shoreline. Ahiru, the duck, followed him.

Suddenly, wind blew around them, blowing mist up, from the river. When the air cleared, the chair was empty.

The duck and boy had gone.

                                                         ...ooOoo...

A boy with snow-white hair rode with a beautiful raven haired girl, in a carriage pulled by swans.

"Rue," the boy said, " When will we see Fakir again?"

"Mytho, you must be patient," Rue replied, "You will see him again, in time."

Then she paused, and looked away. "And Ahiru." She mumbled under her breath.

The swans descended downwards to their kingdom. "Rue, my dear," Mytho said, "Prepare to greet our subjects, again."

                                                         ...ooOoo...

Rue and Mytho entered the private living room of their palace, after greeting everyone for many hours.

More than a month had passed, and the kingdom was still celebrating.

As they walked through the doorway, Rue thought she saw a flash of an eye on the window. Was it Drosselmeyer?

She emptied her mind of such thoughts. There was no need to worry Mytho of such things of her imagination.

She turned to look at Mytho, but the space next to her was empty.

He had disappeared.

                                                         ...ooOoo...

There was a falling girl, with long pink hair, braided down her back. She landed on the hard ground of the forest. "Ouch!" She said, rubbing her back, "Hi Fakir!"

The long haired boy looked at her. "Ahiru," he said, pausing. "Are you talking right now, or am I imagining things?"

Ahiru looked up at him. "I think I am."

She started jumping up and down. "I can talk again." She smiled with joy. "And I can be human now!"

A white haired boy looked at her. "What do you mean, Ahiru? Have you not always been a human?"