Chapter 3

"I don't-" Hermione began.

"Shh..." Draco said, brushing a lock of curls from her face.

"But you hate me..." Hermione struggled with picturing his face beneath that mask. "People don't change overnight..."

"I'd hardly call seven years overnight, Hermione," Malfoy said.

Hermione had no answer to that; she sucked in a breath as his fingertips moved feather-light over her mouth. How could she have mistaken those smirking lips for anyone's other than his?

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I want you in my life, Hermione."

Mind still spinning, Hermione allowed her school-days nemesis to kiss her for a second time. Mr. Grey's secrecy concerning his identity had been the only wall between Hermione's desire and acting on it. Suddenly, the wizard was trusting her with it; and he was in her flat, kissing her. Hermione's heart soared; she instinctively knew Draco was sincere. Mr. Grey did not mince words or give the impression of casual intentions in any matter. When he said he wanted her in his life, he meant it; nothing more, nothing less.

Obviously, Draco no longer held the opinion of Muggle-born, magic folk that he'd voiced so effectively at Hogwarts. Draco finally released Hermione's lips and she melted in his embrace, resting her head on his chest and grinning at the sound of his beating heart.

"Stay with me tonight..." she whispered.

"Just tonight?" he teased.

Hermione gave his shoulder a playful smack and he tightened his arms around her.

"My bedroom is down the corridor," she suggested.

"Who needs a bed?" Draco asked, guiding Hermione to the sofa and swiftly undoing her robes.

Hermione couldn't stop grinning as she and Draco undressed each other. When she finally lay beneath him, she was filled with wonder by the fact that Draco Malfoy was Mr. Grey. He'd grown into a striking man; his features were still sharp but just a tad mellowed by maturity. As he moved, pressing himself inside of her, Hermione shut her eyes, relishing the blissful sensation.

Hermione lost count of the times she and Draco made love that night. She couldn't sleep knowing he was beside her. As dawn broke she found him sleepless as well and bathed in the warmth of his body once more.

When Hermione finally woke up, she judged it to be afternoon. Draco was not in bed. Hermione pulled on her bathrobe and smiled, hearing movement in her kitchen.

When Draco noticed her in the doorway he smirked, "Sleep well?"

Hermione gave him a smirk to match his own, "When I was finally allowed to sleep."

Draco snorted and poured Hermione a cup of coffee. Hermione took the mug and sipped at the hot liquid. She was filled with pleasant warmth seeing the wizard moving around her kitchen in his shorts. It felt right. Mr. Grey was Draco Malfoy and Hermione was hopelessly smitten with the wizard. He'd revealed his identity and soul to her... Hermione realized she trusted the man. What happened from that afternoon on was in his capable hands.

The End