seasoning

Summers brother finds us on the cliff of august.

While I'm using my gifts to stop the pain she found from home,
I kiss all of her bruises into a soft healing pink.

I look at my fingers, I press them on my lips, I feel them spread.
There's power here.

There's
something here that's too good
the trees to ripe smelling and air to breathable.

Somewhere, this place and these people and my father were meant for me.

Little Brown boy sits in a tree, singing sweet songs chewing on a sugary bread sending his notes through the leaves and we listen.

I've never been like this. I'm not sure what it is or if I'll ever posses it again. It feels like a warm satisfaction A hand cradling action, a Mama's nursing palms supporting a baby's head.

I'm the mama and summer is mine. But babies grow to not want they Mama's  no mo and my cradling hands won't be able to keep hold of my claims.

I've been wrapped up in these roots for too long and the wind whispers the reds of augusts name
as he
watches from the east.

this is where the summer ends, with the first chill I've felt in a long time, a stale smell of rot in the air

it shifts as autumn steps through the trees, with the leaves starting to jump from their branches, to the mulch to be fed on, embracing a death evading  the cold.

His face red and pinched and sour.
her face fades from pink to white.

The season is ending and he pushes my head into the earth to let me know. To let me smell the expired dirt, to let me see the grasses stems turn from green to grey.

Little Brown boy runs for help as my summer cries for me,
But, I am not afraid. See here I made this soil, and see there I've breathed life into everything he sees

Boy, the last one who touched me like you was put into earth too.

I think
I pushed him.

hit him like he hit me, I hit him like he hit me.

I felt the hands of my daddy lift me from his body.

"I planted him." I admit to him for the first time.

And he doesn't smile back not this time, he throws me into the car.

This is how it ends.

With the bandaid fingered girl following behind the shadow of august promising death for what was done.

with a betrayal, with the northern winds making its way south
With my daddy dying for me as the story goes

he'll be hung up to wood, no cross, all prophecy. Dying for a fault that wasn't his.

And this time I don't think he'll be able come back.

-

Hey! Wtf is this you ask?? IDK I just wanted to finish this lil bih!!
Anyway hope it's not too different I'm not really in my writing element and I haven't had a good sit down and write in months and this one sounds a bit more mature/toned then the others but antyway??? Hope u like?