✣Chapter II ✣

✣Lexa's POV ✣

Today was Reaping day. I got dressed up in a pale blue dress that fit my curves nicely. Aden was just finishing up as I slipped on my nude colored shoes. I smiled down on him and fixed his shirt.

  "You ready?" I kneeled down to his height. Once he nodded we were walking out the door. My hands started to get slightly clammy but I still held Aden's hand. My stomach told me something bad was going to happen and I needed to be ready, if I wasn't, who knows what would happen. Ever single step I took, the more anxiety I had. I should be used to this by now but I'm not, it's like betting on a deer, there's that chance that you got it and chance you don't.

  We started seeing people getting filed in, girls having to separate from their families. I turned to Aden and we both knew what we had to do.

"Hey," I gave him a reassuring smile. His eyes portrayed his feelings.
"I'm here, I'll just be in the crowd and I'll be back, okay?" I gave him a big hug "May we meet again."

  I slowly walked up to the people taking your blood and gave them my finger. A slight pinch was felt as I walked forward. I walked with a stoic face on, showing no weakness.

  Soon, all the girl were in one big huge crowd. My thoughts were interrupted by once another hyper woman. Dressed it bright pink. I hated pink. It's such a girly color-

"Welcome, welcome, welcome! Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor. Now, before we begin we have a very special film brought to you all the way from the Capital!" The woman spoke. I would hate to hear her voice when I first wake up.

The film started. It was like any other film we seen ever single year of this bullshit.

"I just love that. Now, the time has come to select two courageous young women for the honor of representing District 7 in the 74th annual Hunger Games." She walks to the center of the stage. Everyone around me starts swaying from anticipation.

She waves her hand around in the bowl and pulls one out. She then walks to the microphone. She clears her throat and opens it. My heart is racing. I'm hoping it's not anyone I know.

"Alexandria Woods."

My heart stops. I can't think straight. I'm frozen in the crowd as everyone walks away from me to give me space. I just stood there, eyes wide. I can't show weakness. I breathe in a deep breath and set my face emotionless. I then walk slowly to the stage with guards all around me. I walk up the stairs I watched Costia walk up. But I can't think about that right now. Just..why me? My name is only in there for my years. Once I walk up the stairs and onto the stage, the woman grabs me and walks me to the microphone. She smiles warmly but I keep my face stoic. I look at the crowd. I look at Aden. He has the most saddest eyes I've ever seen. I can see tears streaming down his face. He has no one but me and I have no one but him. I have to win, for Aden.

"And now the next tribute." She walks to the same bowl and reaches in, again, waving her hand around. She picks up the familiar small paper.

"Raven Reyes."

  A loud scream erupts from a familiar blonde I've seen once. I watch the so called Raven limps to the guards. She's injured. All of a sudden, you see the blonde hair push out of the crowd.

  "I volunteer! I volunteer!" She pushes away from the people restraining her. "I volunteer as tribute!" She yells. Raven turns around and meets the volunteers eyes. She just started shaking her head. The volunteer quickly hugged Raven and walked up the stairs. The woman grabs her gently and walks her to the microphone.

  "What's your name?"
  "Clarke Griffin."
_____________________________________
❂Clarke's POV ❂

  "Clarke Griffin." I spoke, trying to keep my voice from wavering.