Five

It was different; the scents, the scenes, the sounds... just about all of it. There was a reason that demons tended to stay away from villages; only entering when absolutely necessary. Human hygiene was not anywhere near a Yokai's; mostly because their noses were not as powerful. The expensive oils and soaps that the Royal Palace possessed had to be transported in, and not many demons held the type of money that it took to keep up their hygiene; especially not humans. The smell of sweat and other bodily secretions was nauseating to catch scent of; one reason Sesshomaru showed very little interest in the nigens that populated his father's lands. It wasn't like he was missing out on something extraordinary, seeing as the humans did daily mundane chores only to retire in straw and clay built houses. The small amount of noise the village created was mostly gossip. The lack of variety in clothing left everything bland; nothing caught Sesshomaru's interest.

But this village was different; an exception that his beast forced him to admit.

He couldn't keep his eyes trained in one area for longer than a few seconds as something new would draw his attention away. It was deafening, especially with his enhanced hearing. While he could hear a lot of people conversing about one thing or another, there was sounds that he couldn't begin to identify. It was loud, visually, as each human seemed to wear what seemed like, at the very least, three vibrant colors. Brightly colored banners hung on just about every store with gold or white kanji inked across the fabric. To put it simply, there was more... life to the village than he had ever seen. Personal hygiene wasn't an issue; it seemed like, if anything, the people were too clean as their scents were strong with fragrant oils that all collided together into a indistinguishable smell that tickled his nose. The buildings were structured with white walls and colorful rooftops that seemed strange. Was there a point coloring them?

His golden eyes snapped immediately as bright orange moved out to the left of him. Naruko was walking beside him, her arms stretched towards the sky before she rested her hands behind her head. Her orange jumpsuit made her stick out oddly against the crowd. He couldn't see her obsession with orange, especially given her career choice; that's what really bothered him. A target was already painted across her back for being a Jinchuriki as well as her parentage; she didn't need to call any more attention to herself by wearing dramatic clothing. He may not be a Shinobi, but he knew, at the very least, the importance of being discrete with the coloring of clothing; now if he could only convince Naruko of it. Her hair color made her even more of an oddity as the only hair colors human's usually possessed was variations of browns and blacks; Sesshomaru couldn't even recall ever meeting a blonde-haired demon. And that was saying something when over half the demon population traveled every two decade's or so to his father's kingdom for the Great Gala.

"Lord Fluffy, you're acting like an excited puppy."

He felt his eyebrow twitch against his will at the insufferable nickname the blonde had managed to conjure up. He had only heard his actual name fall from her lips once and that was only to inform her friends as well as the Hokage of his identity (And what a strange day that had been, one he would rather not repeat if he had an option).

"Your village is... different compared to the ones in my father's domain." Technically, Konoha was a part of his father's lands, it just wasn't well known due to being hidden. That, in itself, was bizarre considering his parents were all about keeping tabs on the lands, and they had never breathed a word of a village of Konoha's standing (at least that he knew of). He wanted to ask his father on what information he knew of the shinobi village, but Inutaisho was already inquiring about Naruko and Sesshomaru would rather not drop any suspicious questions that his father could (and eventually would) figure out. If Inutaisho knew what village he was constantly visiting, the General would want to 'pass through' himself just for the sake of it; Then keeping away his exuberant mate from the man would prove to be impossible.