one

"wait, who are you again?" dylan arched her eyebrow as she stood near her locker, adjusting her loose ponytail using the mirror in her locker.

the girl beside her huffed, crossing her arms, "rachel," the brunette spoke, and seeing dylan's still confused expression, "rachel berry. we've been in the same class since middle school."

"uh, sorry," dylan shrugged, closing her locker and leaning against it as she shifted her gaze fully at rachel.

"we're in the same ballet class." rachel added after, and dylan's mouth opened into a small "oh" shape.

"look rachel," dylan sighed, "i'm not interested in joining glee club. i'm busy enough as it is with keeping up my soccer scholarship, that along with ballet after school, and i have gymnastics competitions every weekend."

"i know that you might be worried about it ruining your reputation—" dylan cut rachel off with a narrow of her eyes, and crossing her arms.

"i don't give a shit about my reputation, berry," dylan rolled her eyes. that was an accusation that always got to her, she managed to keep a clean reputation for her past two years of high school, even without the popularity from being a cheerio.

she thought about joining sue sylvester's squad, knowing she would most likely make varsity with her dance and gymnastics experience, but dylan couldn't fit the full time duty of being a cheerleader along with keeping up her soccer practicing.

"—and i'd think about it if wasn't so busy." dylan tried to let rachel down nicely, but she was getting a bit annoyed by her persistence. "i can't even sing, so there's no win for either of us if i decide to join." she shrugged. moving her body so she was standing fully up without the support of the lockers behind her.

"but you can dance," rachel urged, "we don't need any more singers, i'm obviously the most talented and you'd only be let down by not getting as many solo's as me. but dancers, we could always use more." dylan rolled her eyes at rachel's narcissism, a bit put off by it.

"now i remember why i've ignored you these past years," dylan mumbled, not really caring if rachel heard her or not, "find someone else, rachel, i have to introduce a new student." dylan sighed, pushing past her and heading towards the office.

sunshine corazon, dylan's cousin who recently moved to lima. dylan's father was sunshine's mothers half-brother. dylan walked through the halls, and found sunshine standing there with earbuds in, glancing around and her face lit up at she saw dylan walking over to her.

"dyl!" sunshine grinned, taking out her earbuds, "i just got my schedule, show me around?"

around lunchtime, dylan was sitting in the courtyard with a few of her soccer friends. sunshine decided to have lunch in the library, reassuring dylan that it was because she wanted to read up on some summer reading and wanted to refresh her mind.

dylan knew sunshine wasn't exactly an introvert, so trusted her cousin to go out and make friends when she wanted to.

"can you believe that those glee kids are putting up sign up sheets all over our locker rooms?" olivia chang asked, smirking as she tossed a crumpled up sheet onto the lunch table. olivia was mike chang's younger sister, and her and dylan had grown closer since soccer tryouts a few weeks before the school year started. they didn't talk much outside of soccer, but now that school was starting up, who knows what would happen with their friendship.

"isn't your brother in the glee club?" dylan asked, placing a strawberry in her mouth as she looked questioningly towards olivia who rolled her eyes.

"i have no clue why he is," olivia said defensively as she crossed her arms, "but yeah."