Hunter

I knew that as soon as I saw her obsidian blue eyes with the gold streaks that burned through me like razors I had found a girl to watch.

A girl that beautiful must have some sort of secrets.

Her cold stare sent shivers down my spine but soon she broke our gaze and walked towards the director of the street fight.

I had been sent here to find anyone who might be the least bit like Fior and then to befriend her and slowly find information. The girl who was talking to Keane seemed to be the perfect fit. Long frame, muscular to the point where she was gorgeous, and the aura around her that said something like "I can kick your ass if you look at me wrong."

The girl was intimidating I had to admit and she was probably the most dangerous female I had to deal with. My job was quite boring usually but what more could a 15 year old prodigy do? They wouldn't risk their best officer out on the battle field, but they still assign me to a dangerous thief who no one has caught I the past three years.

I watched from my spot in the back and easily saw the girl as she towered over Keane.

Easily 5'11".

She stripped off her torn coat and threw it to the side where Keane was standing and he smiled brightly towards her as if she were some sort of new toy to play with. Her hands were bandaged with white cloth and they looked grimy and unhealthy compared to the rest of her glowing skin. She took off her wool cap and dark waves escaped and they curtained her angular face. She finally tied it back in a ponytail with a small strip of leather and then Keane started an announcement.

"The champion is back in the ring!" Keane started as he gestured towards the girl. The crowd cheered as she raised her fist high in the air, and then Keane shouted again. "Let's hear it for the one and only undefeated Ava!"

Ava, I thought, what an odd name for a girl with her looks. Ava didn't sound strong enough name for a girl who stood with a poise like that.

A girl who followed me around the base was named Ava and she was a mousy thing. A disgusting plastic doll to have following me around.

The Ava girl searched the crowd until her eyes met mine. Her irises were so dark they were startling, but at the same time they were mesmerizing. Her eyes lingered on me for a moment but then they landed on a small girl in the crowd.

"Ava pick your next victim." Keane said loudly as his hand gestured towards the crowd before her. Her eyes once more scanned the crowd and then they landed on me once again.

"You in the back." She said in a loud stern voice. It took me a moment to realize she was talking to me, and soon the crowd parted so I could enter the small circle. I started to slip out of my tailored coat, and I prayed my contacts would stay in long enough for me to take this girl down.

I could see she favored her right leg because most weight depended on it. Probably an injury to either her thigh or knee. Her eyes were always aware and could look at a 360 degree angle in only one second. Her eyes scanned my body and they finally landed on my eyes. I was only two inches taller than her but we were probably matched in strength.

As soon as Keane announced the fight was starting all my training started to pour out on itself. We circled each other for a few seconds before Ava was about to swing. The only thing that stopped her fist from making contact with my face was the sound of a police whistle. "God damn it." She mumbled under her breath as she scrambled to grab her coat. I followed quickly behind to grab my own, and then I was surprised to feel a hand grab mine.

Ava.

"Stop staring at me and move your ass." She said as she pulled me out of the alley and down Rescret Street. I could hear the sound of pistols going off and the clank of knives but Ava pulled me along before I could hear the screams.