What if the devil was at your door?

"You aren't even putting effort into it Ror. If I still had feelings they would have been hurt." Dev pouted before throwing another ball of flame onto a village house.

The past screams turned in to shrieks and howls of pure agony as one by one homes became fire clusters. People shouting hell on earth running along the dust road doing everything to avoid us.

"The devils themselves. You vile sick beasts. May God smite you for your abominable acts. How anything so disgusting can exist is only a mockery on nature herself. Filth of your calibre deserve a joyless, restless and loveless lives as anything else is an injustice to the world." An old lady shouted looking start at the two of them.

Faces showing no interest Dev turned to Hector "The first few lines are justifiably deserved and fairly close but I really felt that last part was just uncalled for, No?"

"Umm..." Hector grumbled in agreement before stepping toward the woman and slicing her diagonally. The clean divide had her corpse twitch for a second and then complete lifelessness. Stepping past her body the continued down the path.

"Are we done here, Dev?" asked Ror as the screams died down because thier owners did the same.

"Yeah that bitch put me in a bad mood now." Both then made it to the edge of the village walking through the fire ring around the village.

Leaving would now cause Dev's flame to move inwards till no one is left still breathing.

"That was a really lacklustre display Ror. Are you going to tell me why you're not celebrating our existence day in the good and proper fashion fitting the occasion?"

Devastation and Terror were not twins and they were not exactly brothers. At least in the same way tree is not a father to seeds and the seeds aren't siblings.

Millennia ago when all things came to be these things needed a name holders. One to who they were liable and whom would then have control over them. These entities became the personification of their category. One of the firsts was earth's ground and flora's personifications then soon came fauna. Humans tend to categories this as one so called Mother Nature but that is a grave error. With the humans, personifications from joy, finance and knowledge came to be.

800 years ago the personification of all things evil and the personification of anger had what is now known as the battle of Gentrifer. During the great battle Evil took damage and both blood and sweat were lost. From the blood Terror came to be and from the sweat Devastation took form. As only manifestations Evil took no notice of them once the battle had ended.

The first hundred years were spent together acting out on their every natural desire and intent. After that they spit keeping in contact every decade or so. Every hundred years however they always celebrated the war that caused their existence. They were only manifest not made buy or born of Evil so birthday was not the right term.

"I think I know what your issue is?" Dev said as the continued to walk in no real planned direction.

"Is that so."

"Yip it's that business you have. Being around those humans and their insufferable lives. Its making you second guess yourself."

Snapping his figure Ror took both of them to a bar with drinks already in front of them no one noticed their arrival nor would they comprehend their discussion.

"That is were you got it all wrong Dev. I know exactly who I am and I love it. I simply have moved on from the instant gratification of destruction for destructions sake." Taking a good sip of the drink Terror eyed they blue haired waitress before he continued "The long game is my deal of choice now. To methodically break down a person emotionally and mentally till they finish it themselves is like a good whiskey. Shots of tequila are good and well but that smooth drawn out glass of whiskey is a different type of burn."

"Oh hell you have become functionally evil haven't you. I thought this was just a phase?" Dev said rolling his eyes.

"Nope I'm riding this out for as long as it's good." Ror winked at the waitress and she blinked shocked to now find to stragers in the seats. Seeing the drinks she blushed and smiled back.

"Well if you're going to flirt with her instead of starting a bar fight I have better things to do."

Ror grabbed Dev's shoulder "It was really good seeing you."

"Yeah you to." Then Dev was gone

Ror finished his drink.

"Will you be wanting another?" the waitress asked avoiding eye contact.

Ror grinned taking her chin making her look at him.

"I was wanting to have a taste of something blue. Is there anything you can offer me? "

Her entire face went red and the contrast with her hair made Ror slightly amused.

"I... well its just that... there nothing right... Normally-"

"Heres my card. If you finally figure out what you want to tell me."

Ror then walked out the bar.

The waitress looked at the card reading

Hector Lukiph lawyer at and owner of Manifest Law Firm