20) Should've Been Quicker Than That

Twenty minutes had gone by while I walked around and bumped into strangers and no trace of Elliot was found. My heart was still beating harshly against my chest from the fear of something happening to Elliot. Suddenly a small figure appeared right next to me.

"Mariana! You're here! You invited that one tall guy right?" I nodded my head in confusion on why she was talking to me. Her voice seemed excited as she smiled widely at me. Why was she being so bright. Then something popped into my head, she was the host of the party! I smiled back.

"Y-yeah I did. Why?" As I said this, her eyebrows flung up and her smile somehow widened even more.

"That dude is wild! He drank twelve cups of that juice and now he's having the time of his life! Feel bad for his head tomorrow though." She bit her lip in worry. My eyes widened more than they were and I began panicking.

"Where is he?!" She pointed towards his direction. I thanked her and ran towards him in worry, bumping into many people.

A breath I didn't know I was holding in, was finally let out as I spotted Elliot in the middle of a crowd.

"Hey Mariana!" Elliot yelled as he spotted me. People looked at me and I glared at them, causing them to snap their heads back. I push my way through the crowd and grab his wrist to pull him away. "I like it when you're tough with me." He whispers into my ear.

My eyes widen and my cheeks immediately heat up.

"How many of those cups did you drink?!" I asked Elliot. He held a finger with his right finger and three with his left. "Just three?" I let out a breath. Being a lightweight wasn't such a bad thing then. His head wouldn't hurt as much right?

"Actually, this is thirteen." He slurs out. Again my breath hitches in worry and anger. He begins to laugh. "I was just so thirsty."

Grabbing his wrist once again, I drag his to the elevators to take him into one of the hotel rooms. I let his wrist go as we get inside and press one of the buttons.

"I can be your hero, I can be your own man." He begins to sing. But you couldn't understand as he slurred on every word. He begins to dance also. Once the doors to the elevator open, he shoots out running with his arms in the back of him. "Naruto!"

My eyes widen and I rush behind him. Really Elliot? That joke is over with now! I screamed in my head.

"I can show you da wey, Mariana, just follow me to the yellow brick rode!" He whispered loudly as he kept running. When I finally caught him, I grabbed onto his wrist again. This time, I didn't let go. I wanted to laugh a bit at the childish way he acted but kept quiet. "Oh, are you taking me into the room. You know to-" He then bands the side of his fists together while smirking and wiggling his eyebrows together.

My faces heats up as I walk slower towards the hotel room. He sighs as we get into the room.

"Mariana, you're so pretty, you have no imperfections and everything about you is so cool." He slurs out and falls onto the bed. I grab a bottle of water and an aspirin from my pocket that I took from downstairs and gave it to him.

Instead of grabbing the water and aspirin, he grabs me by my waist and pulls me towards him. My body tense at the sudden contact but at the same time I enjoyed it.

"W-what are you doing?" I stutter out as he gets closer. He begins to kiss my neck and I let out a shaky breath. Pushing Elliot away, he attaches himself onto me more. This time closer to my lips. "No, stop."

He whimpers.

"Why not? What am I not doing right? Do you not like me?" He asks as he stands up to look at me better. His eyes looked sad and full of curiosity.

It wasn't the right time and I wanted to let him know that, but I didn't know how. I like him and all but I believe that we're too young. I'm not interested in doing anything until after high school. It was definitely the drunk

"You're drunk, Elli." I said seriously while staring at him. He pouted and pushed me on the bed and then slumped onto it himself.

Elliot pulled out the sheets. My body was tense the whole time and I didn't know what to do, was he going to force me? No Elliots not like that, I know it. He gets close but this time he pulls me closer to him instead of trying anything. A breath of relief escapes from me as he just begins to cuddle with me.

"I like you. Like a lot." He whispers. My face heats up at what he admitted. But my happiness rose high as my heart beat quickened too. I wanted to jump up from joy but I stayed calm, not letting go of my emotions.

"I-I like you too." I let out, but it was too late. He was fast asleep with his head of my shoulder. My heart still raced as I let out a breath and let myself fall asleep.