21- Trial One

Based off of 8.14, Trial and Error

~*~

     Annabelle whistled as she walked away from the hideout of all the vampires. She opened the trunk of her car, a head sliding to the side and onto the ground. She put the machete back, slamming the trunk. She walked to the driver's door, only to have her cell phone vibrate. Annabelle pulled it out quickly, picking up. 

     "Hello?" she asked getting in the car and shutting the door. 

     "Meet us at the house boat, we've got news," Dean's voice rang out over the phone. Annabelle opened her mouth to respond, only to hear him hang up the phone. She sighed, putting the car in drive and speeding back to the house boat. 

          *****

     Sam opened the door to reveal Annabelle standing there. She walked in, immediately seeing Kevin in a red sweater and sitting at the table. She turned to Sam, crossing her arms again. 

     "Dean said you have news," Annabelle said holding her arms up. 

     "Technically, Kevin has news," Sam said motioning to the prophet. Annabelle turned to see him barely keeping his eyes open. 

      "When was the last time you slept for more than four hours?" Annabelle asked walking over to Kevin. 

     "Last Wednesday. I got four hours and ten minutes," he replied sarcastically. "It's been a while." Annabelle sighed, then motioned for him to tell the news. "I figured out how to close the Gates of Hell." Annabelle looked at him with shock, eyes widened. 

     "You did?" she asked excitedly. "He did?!" 

     "Yes," Kevin smiled. Annabelle gasped slightly, hugging Kevin. 

     "I told you so," she whispered making a blush creep to his cheeks. He kissed her cheek, then stepped back. 

     "Here's the thing. In order to close the gates, you have to go through these trials. Sam and Dean are going on a hunt for the first one once Dean gets back. Supposedly, they have to kill a hell hound, bathe in its blood, then recite this," Kevin said handing Annabelle a piece of paper. 

     "Where are you guys going?" Annabelle asked looking over at Sam. 

     "Not sure yet. Anywhere we can find that made a deal ten years ago," Sam answered. Annabelle nodded, handing the paper to Sam. 

     "Well, count me in. If we're going to close the gates of hell, then let's do it together," she said looking at Sam. 

     "What? No. We can't risk you getting hurt," Sam said shaking his head. "It shouldn't even be on the table." 

     "It's my decision Sam. I'm a hunter, I'll do what I need to to save the world," Annabelle said. She turned to Kevin who looked skeptical as well, then sighed. "I can make my own decisions. It's my life." 

     "Yeah, okay," Sam said shaking his head. The house boat door opened as Dean walked in with bags in his hand. 

     "Hey. Did you know that there are, like, 6,000 kinds of tomatoes?" Dean asked putting the bags down on the table. "Hey, Annabelle." He turned to Sam. "Did you find anything?"