Home sweet home.

Lexis P.O.V

It's only been a week since I've been back home but it's felt like an eternity. I try going back into the woods at night, but I always seem to find myself back at the edge of the woods where I started. Every single time. I know it's slenderman leading me away. He's always talking about people entering the woods and he uses some mind games to get them lost, go in circles or literally keep them in the forest until their sanity is shattered. But for obvious reasons, he just turns me around back home.

I see Jack sometimes. When I walk into school I might see him leaning up against a tree. Watching me. But never Jeff. Im not sure if they're on my side or not. Keeping me from Jeff and protecting me?

I walk aimlessly through the halls. Colby would try talking to me but like always I'd ignore him. I get weird looks. Whispers.

"Where do you think she ran away too?"

"I barely noticed she went missing."

"Think she only did it for attention?"

"She's basically invisible. I couldn't handle being an outcast like that."

"She only ran because Colby dumped her ass."

"What did he see in her anyway? She's so. Weird."

This isn't anything new. I always look at it as if people are talking about you, good or bad. Hey. At least their talking about you am I right?

I went to my locker and shoved my stuff in. Only to have everything fall out. I sighed as I got down to pick everything up, only to find a neatly folded piece of paper. I got on my knees and picked it up and folded it, thinking it was some notes I had or a little doodle. But when I unfolded it, it was a letter. Written with a dark pen in cursive so well written I could barely read it.

Dearly missed lexi.

We have seen you. Walking around, trying to find our home again. And that's prohibited. I will assure you that you will never find that house again. So cease your trying so. Also, we are all doing fine without so stop worrying. You have seen Jack correct? Well do not think he's there to watch over you. He's there to make sure you never return. We made a mistake letting a human in, and we will not make it again. Have a lovely rest of your existence. Be happy we didn't cut it short. But try bothering us again and we just might.

Love, S, J and J.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. No. No. This can't be right. I expect this from slenderman of course but not for Jack or Jeff. This is a sick joke or some shit to keep me away but I wont stop. I picked up everything from the floor and put it in my locker, grabbed my bag and walked out of school.

And what do you know. I see Jack standing there against a tree, cig in his mouth. I look around to make sure no one sees me, and I marched up right to him.

"Where do you think you're going."

"To the mansion."

"Can you not read sunshine?" He snarled at me. He's never come off to me like this before. I was kinda scared.

"Why are you keeping me away from it...I don't get it."

"Jeff told you upfront. He doesn't need you anymore."

"You aren't stupid you know that's not true just as much as I do."

"You just wanna be wanted because you know everyone here couldn't care less if you got hit by a bus. Neither could he. You're just a lucky little human."

Well ouch.

"Something happened didn't it."

"We're all fine Lexi."

"What. Happened."

He didn't answer. Just uh. Is stare the right word?

"Look I know you have to follow slenders every word and all b-"

Next thing I knew his hand was around my throat and I couldn't breathe. And he slammed me against a tree and lifted me off the ground. I was kicking and scratching at his arm, gasping for air as my vision got blurry.

"Slenderman also said not to kill you. Wanna bet I listen to every word he says?" He said with clenched teeth.

"I j-just," I could barely choke out.

"You just what."

"I l-love h-him."

I do. I love him so much and not until I walked out that door that night did I realize it.

He dropped me and I coughed  hysterically on the ground, holding my chest as the world came back into  grasp.

"Yeah. We know. That's the problem."

He got on his knees and grabbed my jaw forcefully and forced me to look into the two abysses that are his eyes.

"His one and only goal is to kill. Humans. Not fall in love with them. You're all pathetic and useless. Horrid creatures. And we need you to stay away from him until he realizes that again. And if you continue, we'll get the proxies to watch over you and trust me you do not want that. Their loyalty to slenderman is undying. And they do not hold back."

He let go and stood to his feet while sighing.

"Just. Stop."

He looked down at me for one last time before walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~