CHAPTER 3

The group's eyes widened, and they went into shell shocked silence.

They started talking, dazed, after Nico used the stones to heal them.

The group asked Loki to reason with his father, and Loki got out of it with a lie only Nico detected. He walked out, and Nico turned to the group.

"He's lying." Nico told them, "At least, Thor not being responsible isn't why Loki doesn't want to talk to the Allfather."

"How do you know that?" Sif asked, surprised.

"I've been Loki's slave, companion, and friend since he was ten." Nico smiled a little, "You pick up a few things. Right now, I'm going after him, because his eye focus changed, like it does when he lies, and he's got that 'I'm hiding something' demeanor."

Nico walked out. He found Loki in the vaults, talking to Odin as he put down the Casket. Nico was glad Odin stopped him. The Casket, if held for too long, could warp and control your mind. It was a dangerous artifact.

"The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?"

Odin paused, before responding, "No." He sighed, "In the aftermath of the battle, I went into the Temple, and I found a baby. Small for a giant's offspring -- abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son."

Nico's eyes widened as did Loki's. Nico chose to wait outside, and not listen to their conversation. He would speak to Loki when he came out of the vault. Suddenly there was a crash, and Loki called for help.

Nico burst in, and saw Loki holding Odin who was in Odinsleep. Nico rushed to assist him in helping Odin.

It wasn't until Loki became king that Nico became worried. Loki was cocky, and changed drastically the moment he took the throne.

"Loki," Nico was still his slave, but they were alone in the throne room, "Don't let this power corrupt you."

"Don't tell me what to do." Loki scowled.

"I'm asking, as you friend."

"You're just a slave boy." Loki growled, "You're not my friend."

"Then I guess the Loki I knew is dead." Nico frowned. Then he noticed Loki's eyes were blue, and he gasped. Loki had green eyes. Loki was under the Casket's control — mind control.

"GUARDS!" Not-Loki seemed to read Nico's expression, "Take him to the dungeons for treason."