Facts and the sort

This is just a list of Hetalia facts. Some you might have known, some you probably didn't. If I got a fact wrong please tell me. I'd hate to be giving false information. Also, since there are so many facts I didn't add them all (obviously) so please tell me what else there is. And lastly if there is something about the show you would like to know just ask and I'll be more than happy to look into it, tell you about it, and add it here. :)

Also I got some of these fact from Hetalia Archives. It's a great place to answer most of your Hetalia questions. Lyrics to all of the songs in kanji, english, and some other languages there also. (for example they also have the German lyrics for Germany's Marukaite Chikyuu)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.) The opening theme for Hetalia is the theme from '2001 A Space Odyssey'.

2.) Old Man Fritz was actually a King of Prussia. His real name was Fredrick II. He was known as ‘Fredrick the Great’ and named ‘Der Alte Fritz’ which translates to ‘Old Fritz’. He was the ruler at the time of the Silesian War. He was best known for being an amazing military leader.

3.) Sweden is homosexual but only towards Finland

4.) France is bisexual

5.) Arthur Kirkland, also known as Britain and England, is in fact the country of England. He is known as Britain because he is the representative of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

6.) China is in fact a guy.

7.) The ex-nation Prussia is nothing like the character Prussia.

8.) Although France is portrayed with a rose a lot of the time it is not his national flower. The national flower of France is the iris while the rose in the national flower of America.

9.) Although Russia is portrayed holding sunflowers a lot of the time it is not his national flower. The national flower of Russia is camomile (a daisy like flower) while the sunflower is the national flower of Ukraine and the US state flower of Kansas.

10.) All the countries have seen England’s ‘magical friends’ except for America.

11.) The actual country of Italy isn’t as weak as the character. France is actually the country known for always surrendering.

12.) Australia and New Zealand are both England’s younger brothers.

13.) Austria was the first to use the term ‘Vital Regions’ not Prussia.

14.) The country names ‘Italy Veneziano’ (North Italy) and ‘Italy Romano’ (South Italy) comes from the cities Venice and Rome. Veneziano means ‘of Venice’ while Romano means ‘relating to Rome’. Venice is on the northern side of Italy and Rome is on the southern side of Italy. Although Rome might seem to be in the center of Italy, and really if you cut the country in half it would be on the northern side, in reality northern Italy is a smaller portion than southern Italy so Rome in to the south.

15.) France's human name, Francis, mean ‘Frenchman’ so it fits perfectly.

16.) In the first Hetalia ending song, Marukaite Chikyuu, in Italy Veneziano’s version (the main version) they say ‘Toast with a big boot’. This is because the country Italy is known for being shaped like a big boot.

17.) German’s character song ‘I am German-Made’ is also known as ‘Germany’s Anthem’. This is because they use the German phrase ‘Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit’ in the song multiple times. The saying is also used in the National Anthem of Germany, Deutschlandlied (Song of Germany). It means 'Unity and Justice and Freedom'. It is also the motto of Germany.