Chapter 6: In My Time of Dying

This takes place in Supernatural Season 2 Episode 1: In My Time of Dying.

Hadrian knew almost instantly when someone made a deal with a demon concerning death. More importantly, when a Demon took over one of his Reapers.

And if there was one thing that Hadrian hated most, was when something was messing with his (and Deaths) Reapers.

Especially when Death was indisposed and unable to help his own Reapers at the time. Leaving it to Hadrian to help them.

He apparitied just as a strong demon, Hadrian recalled his name being Azazel, or as Hadrian referred to him as, a pain the azz.

He arrived just as the demon laid his hand upon death's soul that was soon to cross over, his powers supplied the name Dean Winchester without a single thought, and grabbed the demon's hand smoke started rising as a burning smell entered the room.

The demon was quickly gasping and screaming from Death's Magic and hatred that was entering the demon's body and torturing him with all known (and some unknown) torture methods.

"You have gone behind Death, gone behind the treaty that was shallowly made, what should I do about this?" Hadrian asked as his eyes went cold and steeled and gave the appearance that he was all knowing. A trick that Death himself once taught the young boy.

"Please, Master of Death, I am sorry. Please release me and I shall explain," the demon yowled as his insides felt like they were melting and freezing at the same time, even if his outer appearance suggested that he was perfectly fine.

Hadrian stared at the demon for a brief second before releasing his grip and watched as the demon clutch the burned wrist toward his chest.

Hadrian felt a brief spark of irritation at the demon as he was looking at his close Reaper Tessa, who was one of the two reapers that usually watch over him (unless he was with Remus and Sirius that was).

"Speak, Demon," Hadrian said with little patience.

"I had to bring back Dean Winchester, it's part of the plan regarding the chosen ones and the plan with Lilith." Azazel said quickly and scared. For while Lilith was scary, everyone knew that you should not cross the Master of Death and his Reapers (even if the Master of Death has been around for only 20 years).

"That does not give you right to take control of one of my Reapers!" Hadrian hissed annoyed. "And why should I care for this little plan of yours?"

"Please Master of Death, with the release of Lilith will then come Lucifer and then-"

"Death shall be released," Hadrian finished seeming to calm down slightly but not totally. For while he would love to punish and kill the demon in front of him, he was starting to get impatient for Death to be released from the confines he was under.

"Fine, I shall released to live another day. Never touch my Reapers again. Until Lucifer is released or you die, you will receive the mark of Death for your foolishness.

The Mark of Death was something he made that was the symbols of the Deathly Hallows. It was a mark that let others know that the individual before them has tempted fate with death, and is slowly beginning and crawling their way back from the mans bad side. It was a mark of humiliation and a warning for others to be careful of the man before them, for he was a foolish man.

The demon in front of him cringed and a brief look of anger passed through his eyes but was quickly replaced with pain as Hadrian touched the demons soul just slightly enough to hurt, and to let him know he is only living because Hadrian has allowed him to live.

With that silent passing, Hadrian in a flash, placed his hand back onto the wrist he burned and there was a brief flash of blackness that surrounded the area as a stench of death marked the area.

Azazel was screaming again, but it was much more brief than how it was before. Instead of the burned mark, on the skin of Azazel was the Deathly Hallow mark.

Almost as soon as he was done, Hadrian snapped his fingers and the demon was being pushed out of the Reapers body that she had and back into black dust to find his body again.

Instead of the Deathly Hallow being on Tessa's body, it was on Azazel's soul and more importantly, where he goes it will always be on his wrist, where it could be hidden, the aura of being touched by Death would not.

Hadrian made his mind focus in front of him again as he knelt by Tessa's side as she curled into herself slightly and was having a slightly hard time breathing.

"You're okay, he's gone, it's okay, I'm here now," Hadrian said soothingly. If anyone could see them they would be confused by the 13 year old seeming to help a 20 something year old woman.

"Master," Tessa choked out and a sudden release of tension left her shoulders.

"That's it, I'm here. he's gone. He won't touch you again, if he ever would I will kill him no matter the consequences," Hadrian promised as he rubbed Tessa's shoulder lightly and she put her head on his shoulder in return, her breathing slowly returning to normal.

"Thank you, Master of Death," Tessa said gratefully.

"It's alright, you know how I feel about Demons and their egos. I don't mind teaching them a lesson now and again," Hadrian said and got a small chuckle from Tessa.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, mulling over the last few minutes and the escaped soul. "What would you like to do about Dean Winchester, Master?" Tessa finally asked as she moved from Hadrian's shoulder and tried to stand up; albeit, slightly shakily.

Hadrian thought it over for a while, but what Azazel had mentions with Lucifer and Lilith, he was currently intrigued. "Let him go for now, I wouldn't be surprised if you run into him again, if it's serious just call upon me. I will always answer your calls, dear Reaper," Hadrian said as he helped her stand up, the demon power slowly evaporating in the presence of Deaths Magic.

That was a thing that Hadrian absolutely hated about Demons, their mere presence throws off Deaths Magic. The thing that makes Reapers, well Reapers, they were unnatural but not enough to be thrown into Purgatory.

Their soul was tainted, so when Death tried to claim them, it became tainted and rebelled against the thought of going to a saintly place. So, they went to Hell where Lucifer shaped them with just a hint of his own grace that was slowly becoming tainted as well because of how hurt he was from his family's actions against him saying family was more important than the lives of their fathers creation.

"I need to get back to work, thank you, Master of Death," Tessa said as the affectionate look that most Reapers had toward him was back.

"I will see you just before dinner, I do not want Sirius meatloaf. Especially as it is a full moon tonight and he's going to be rushing to prepare dinner and then transform.

Are you going to transform with them?" Tessa asked with a slight tilt of her head.

"I shall, Moony and Padfoot do hate being alone without Azrael with them." Hadrian said before bidding Tessa goodbye after checking on her once more and satisfied that she would be okay.

Afterward, he checked on the Winchesters and noticed that it appeared that the father of the two younger Winchesters was the one to sell his soul.

Shaking his head and trying to clear the many names entering his mind as a few people died in the hospital and their names filtered into his head, Hadrian looked at the youngest of the Winchester brothers.

Sam, his name recalled from the brief meeting they had, his soul was interesting. It was like a demon had briefly touched it, and had the chance of going either the saint path, or the tainted path. Briefly make a note in his head to watch the youngest of the two, Hadrian disappeared into the night. Never hearing how Dean mentioned to Sam that all he remembered from his time in the 'after-life' was this weird popping noise.