raspberry giggles | two

we walk into school the next day with our hands intertwined. your best friend smiles at you and gives me a thumbs up. all i can do is smile and blush, putting my head on your shoulder and laughing.

you laugh as well, and it's the most beautiful sound you could make. it's like a melody on a piano. or a song you're obsessed with. you fall in love with it the more times you hear it.

i get used to sitting at your lunch table with your friends. they are nice to me, welcoming me easily. your face gets red when they ask if your in love with me, and i playfully hit you on the arm. you hit me back and giggle.

when we kiss at the table, your friends cheer us on, causing you to have to pull away to get a giggle in. your lips taste of raspberry, and you smell of strawberry. you're such a nice flavor. is there something about you that is not perfect?

when your ex walks by the table, she makes sure to 'accidentally' elbow me in the back. i decide not to do anything, but i do grab you by your hoodie and connect our lips. i want to make her jealous to show that you're my girlfriend, not hers.

you're flustered and you cover your mouth with your hoodie's sleeve. you're laughing and you look at me with your soft brown eyes. they're shining so bright, and it brings a big smile to my face.

"didn't know you could kiss that forcefully," you admit, and i shrug gently. i put one arm around you and rest my head on your shoulder again. you run your fingers through my hair as we do this.

after school, your ex runs up to me and grabs me by the front of the shirt. "she doesn't love you, you know. she's going to break your heart and you're going to regret everything," she hisses at me, before letting go and leaving me alone.

when i tell you this after school, confusion is written all over your face. when i mention this, you put your hands up in defense. you look like you want to punch your ex, or me.

"she broke up with me. and i don't love her. i love you. she's just jealous."

i drop you off at your house and you give me a small peck on the lips. my head is now confused because i wonder if she'll break us apart. but you smile at me. and when i smile back, you let out one of my favorite sounds.

your giggle.