It All Started With a Fight

“I need you to trust me” Aurora pleaded insistently with Maleficent and was rewarded only with a cold stare, “No Aurora, I think it is time that you went home, I have things I need doing.” And with that the imposing woman turned on heel and flew into the night, her great wings taking her far above the broken Queens cries. 

Alone with only stars for company, Maleficent gazed down at the cliff that the Great Rowan tree resided, her keen eyes trained on the Queen that has collapsed where she had once stood. Guilt tore through the faery’s heart, she knew all she was doing was hurting her precious Aurora but she couldn’t allow herself to let go of the past, to allow the girl become the very thing Maleficent craved her to be. 

Shaking her horned head Maleficent felt it was bad enough that the girl already had her heart, but the fact that Maleficent desperately wanted to give the girl the last of what made her Her, terrified the Dark Faery beyond belief. No she had to stay away, she would not be hurt again, she would not allow for the possibility of being betrayed again.

Dark thoughts led to Stephan as they were prone to as of late and a snarl twisted majestic features into a feral assemblage. A brief flash of green magic rocketed from her body as she berated the late king in her mind, till her screams echoed off the very clouds and slammed back against their owner. 

Wrapping her arms close to herself she choked out a sob and bowed her head, regal features wilting at knowing she needed to change, she needed to trust Aurora. She had to accept the fact that she loved the girl so greatly it hurt when they were apart, that it felt like she couldn’t breath properly till the little Beastie was within her sight. She had to let go of the past and face the future or she knew she would lose the very reason she existed.

Closing powerful wings around her body she dived back to the Earth, rocketing at speeds that would crush if she wasn’t careful. At the last moment she snapped them open to stop her just above the ground, her back muscles screaming in agony at the force of the stop, causing her to land ungracefully in front of the weeping Queen who refused to even look at the Dark faery. 

“Aurora…” The blond Queen shook her head, briefly covering her ears with tense hands as she shoved herself to her feet, features tarnished with rage and hurt “Go away.” 

The Dark faery took a step back, the ire radiating from the girl surprising her more then Maleficent thought possible and in that moment she knew she had made the gravest of mistakes. The kind that she knew she would have to spend the rest of her life trying to fix.

“Aurora please.” Maleficent spoke softly, calmly, as though she were talking to a wild beast and not her True love. Shaking her head Aurora pointed to the skies and screeched “Go! Go back to the stars and bask in their cold company!” 

Anger so hot it burned the young Queen’s cheeks coursed through her pure body, burning through her patience, common sense and every other feeling that plagued the young Queen. Aurora wanted to be angry. Being angry meant she wasn’t sad or hurt, being angry was easier then everything else, it certainly was safer.

Maleficent stared at her young love and squared her shoulders, knowing that if she went away now she would never be allowed back. She knew she would never see her Beastie’s bright smile again or hear her sweet laugh, feel her warm love and that was something Maleficent would not give up. Not now, not ever. 

“No.” Spreading her wings slightly to appear bigger and immovable Maleficent’s tone neutral though she defiantly raised her chin. The Dark Faery knew only a fight would put them on the path to recovery, and it would be a long path for both women to walk down. Mentally she kicked herself, knowing this whole mess was her fault and that it was four years in the making.