Train Tracks and Testifying(3)

I woke up, for the second time in a row, in a strange bed. For a second, confusion consumed me. Then I realized, I was in Brooklyn. I started to put my vest on, and got up to make the bed. Soon Spot came over.
"Just wanted to make sure youse was up. If you need anything, give me a shout."
"Where's the bathroom?" I asked, folding the top blanket. He pointed to a door down the hall. I quickly grabbed my toothbrush, which I kept in my pocket, and went to get ready. After brushing my teeth, fixing my hair, and washing my face, I laced up my boots and went back over to Spot.
"Ready to go Manhattan?" He asked, walking us to the door.
"Yep." During the walk, I began to tell him my story. 
Time Skip
"Youse spent five years in da Refuge?!?" He said, obviously shocked.
"Yeah, and by the way, whose the president now?"
"McKinley." He deadpanned.
"This is me." I said as we reached the lodging house. It was still only 5:00 in the morning. I went to the door and knocked. A very tired Specs answered. "Melody?!?" He said, cleaning his glasses. "MELODYS BACK" , he turned and yelled. Soon I was engulfed in a hug by Anthony, Jack, Crutchie, and all the other boys.
"Where the heck were you?!?" Jack asked, practically shaking me.
"She stayed the night in Brooklyn." Spot said from the doorway. "Some guy dragged her in a alley, but I beat em up before he could do anything to her."
"Thank you." Jack said, as if he for once genially meant it. Then he turned back to me. "What the hell were you thinking?!?"
I turned around, to see Les and David. "Why are they here?"
"We stayed last night, to help look for you." David answered.
"I'm so sorry." Looking around, I saw Katherine had stayed too. "Thanks you guys for looking out for me. I should've been more careful last night."

"Circulation Bell is gonna ring soon, we should probably head."

Time Skip
After we got our papers, me buying with my own money this time, we headed out to sell. After a lot of reassurance that I wouldn't get lost again, the boys let me go off on my own. This time, I headed towards Midtown.  There, I found the perfect spot to sell, Grand Central Station. I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier. People who were getting off the train would want to see what they missed, and people getting on the train would want something to read. I was able sell my papers really easily, and had half of them sold by noon. Nibbling on an Apple I'd brought, I continued to sell. Soon, I was completely out. Seeing no reason to stay, I started to gather my things, but a sign caught my eye. It was advertising a train to Santa Fe.   When I saw the price, my eyes blew out of my sockets. How on earth did Jack ever think he'd save that much money?
As I walked back to the lodging house, I made sure to remember the way. That place was a gold mine. Huh. It's funny that my brother sells at the racetrack, while I sell at the train tracks.
When I reached the lodging house, I checked the mail. It was really rare for anyone to get anything, but I checked it none the less. To my surprise, there was a letter addressed to Melody Higgins. Who on earth would send me a letter? It read:
Dear Miss Higgins,
Due to the fact that you were under the care of currently in custody Robert J. Snyder, it has come to our attention that you might be useful in testifying against his innocence.
Please consider coming to court on Sunday, July 23rd, at promptly 8:00 to be questioned.
Sincerely,
Smith & Sons Law Firm.
That would be this coming Sunday. Honestly, testifying against Spider, ahem, I mean Snyder would be a dream come true. I can't wait to tell the boys!