Best Friends Never Lie.

Hey everyone! Sorry for taking so long to up date. I want to give you a heads up that this chapter does not contain smut. Anyways, enjoy~
_______________

You woke up the next morning to the obnoxious sound of your alarm clock. You slowly rose before opening one eye then the other to glare at the awful thing that taunted you every morning. Swinging your legs over the edge, you stood up on the very cool and unforgiving tile floor, throwing the blanket off of yourself. 'Man, I really should invest in a rug or something," you padded your way to the kitchen to turn on the kettle, going about your morning routine before a certain hero showed up.

You decided coffee was going to be what got you through your day considering you were up later than usual caring for and cleaning up after Garou left the night before. Once you were showered, dressed, and Atomu was feed, you began to lace up your boots before there was a loud knock on your door. Atomu jumped up and barked at the door, wagging his tail.

"Come in!" You called, and Metal Bat opened the door to be greeted by your "house pet" that could honestly be consider another person. He set his bat down and knelt down to Atomu's level for some extra love. "Hey there big guy! Who's a good boy?" Atomu barked happily and grunted when Metal Bat rubbed his ears. "Mhmm, oh yeah hiii, it's nice to see you too Badd. How is Zenko? Oh wow that's cool, would you like some coffee?"

Metal Bat looked up to see you sitting on the couch tying your shoe. "Gee, that makes me so excited ta think 'bout spendin' tha day with your attitude." Badd stood, tossing his bat over his shoulder before sniffing the air. "Ohhh, did ya use the french press fer coffee?" He walked over and poured himself a cup before walking to the living room where your finally got your last boot on. "No wonder you've got 'tude this mornin', someone didn' get enough sleep," he blew on the dark beverage before tentatively taking a sip.

You sat back on the couch with you arms crossed and started at him. "No, I just thought maybe you'd say hi to me since you are in my house instead of ignoring me for my dog. You don't even like dogs!" you pointed out before getting up to pour yourself a cup. As you walked back to the couch Metal Bat looked at you before saying "S'not true! I like dogs, jus' not most. An' what? You jealous Atomu is gettin' all my attention?" He gave you a sly smirk and your frown deepened. You waved your hands in a false defense, rolling eyes before pleading, "Oh no," you placed the cup down on small table in front of you, "the oh so wonderful Metal Bat has taken more of a liking to my dog than me," you placed the back of your hand to your forehead before falling over dramatically, "What ever shall I do?" Metal Bat reached over to pat your shoulder sympathetically.

"There, there, lil lady. No need for tears- ow! Tha hell s' for?!" Badd grabbed his upper bicep where you had pinched him none too gently. "Didn't you say earlier you could tell I was cranky? I just want to finish the patrol so I can come home and curl up on my couch," you emphasized your point by rolling to your stomach and moving your hands across the soft fabric. Metal Bat just sighed before getting up to take his cup to the sink. "A'right, c'mon. We can pick up some takeout or somethin' on tha way back." You perked up and jumped from the couch and ran to the door. "LETS DO THIS!" You yelled before running down the hall of your apartment complex. Metal Bat sighed again before patting Atomu on the head and shutting the door behind him.

_______________

The city was about as exciting as the two hour meeting you both had. A few purse snatchers here, a man who drank far too much at 10:30am for even a Friday morning starting a fight there, some small fry monster reeking havoc down the street, just all around easy tasks if anyone asked you; plus you had Metal Bat to keep you company which always helped the day go by faster.