28

Laura P.O.V:

I was at my apartment staring down at my phone it's been a month since I last saw and spoke to Lewis and everyone's probably wondering why. Well when we got to the after party in Monaco...

>>>FLASHBACK<<<

As I sat in the car by myself my palms started sweating Klaudia decided not to come with me because she would rather stay at the hotel and call her boyfriend. I didn't know anyone besides Daniel who I shortly met today and Lewis who said he will meet me there as I was looking at the picture Lewis posted and commented on it a few seconds later he replied, and I blushed as I read his reply. The car came to a stop and I looked up to see we were at a fancy party place the driver got out and opened the door for me I thanked him and saw there were people posing for their pictures. In the sea of people my eyes landed on his brown eyes as I walked towards Lewis he met me half way hugging me I took in the moment as I wrapped my arms around him.

"hey im glad you came, you look very beautiful Laura"

"Thank you, you cleaned up pretty nice too" I smiled up at him considering he is a few inches taller than me. I could hear people taking pictures of us and Lewis placed his hand on the low of my back guiding me inside he introduced me to Toto and all his engineer's that were there we chatted with everyone for a long time while we had some drinks. By the middle of the night we had made our way to a couch where some of his team were at his arm was draped on my thighs as I leaned a little into him.

"I'll be right back I have to use the restroom" I said to Lewis as I got up he nodded and kissed me cheek which made me blush. I got to the bathroom did my business and left as I made my way back I bumped into Daniel and he introduced me to his friends and a few other racers which I was glad to meet after about 15 minutes I decided to go back to Lewis.

"It was nice meeting you guys I'm going to head back to my table now"

"I'll walk you back I want to congratulate Lewis" Daniel winked and laughed as I blushed we said our goodbyes and as we made it back to the booth I saw Kendall Jenner sitting on Lewis's lap and I felt my heart sink to my stomach as he leaned his head into her neck. I felt frozen until Daniel spoke into my ear

"Come on you don't deserve this he's a d!ck" He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head

"yea I'm ready to leave Daniel thank you for everything" I smiled up at him and his once bright smile had turned into a sad one as he looked down at me I hugged him goodbye and left.

>>>FLASHBACK OVER<<<

I sent Lewis a text last night but it never got delivered and I took that as a sign to never contact him again, but it hasn't worked he has texted and called me ever since that night. At first he didn't know what he had done wrong but I'm guessing Daniel told him because he said he had talked to him and ever since then he hasn't stopped apologizing leaving Voicemails, texts, missed calls and he even went as far as to send me an Email. I've opened all of them but I haven't replied. Im not the type of girl that will let a man play her that's not me. If he wanted that he asked the wrong person to accompany him to that party. Klaudia obviously didn't want me to text him but she kept saying that I should also give him the chance to explain himself.

As I sat there looking at my phone it lit up Lewis Hamilton mobile usually I stare at it until the screen goes black again and the voicemail pops up but I thought I would take Klaudia's advice

"Why haven't you picked up I'm really sorry can you please let me explain myself" I cut him off cause it was pretty obvious he thought he was talking to a voicemail

"Lewis"

"Laura"

"yea"

"You actually picked up"

"Listen I'm so sorry I didn't know she was going to be there we've been friends for a while and it's gone farther a couple of times but I'm telling you I'm not interested in her"

"Lewis I'm not mad at you because I have no right to be im not your girlfriend but I just wish you would make it clear what it is that you want from me because right now it just seems like you want to play games and I am too old to be playing games in my love life"

"Laura that's not what I want"

"Then what do you want"

"I want to get to know you I want us to have some time alone and I want to maybe have something deeper"

"Then prove that to me Lewis"

"I will I promise" there were a few seconds of silence "Can you give me a second chance" I could hear the sadness and hopefulness in his voice

"alright I'll give you a second chance but don't mess it up"

"I won't I promise thank you"

We kept talking for a few more minutes until I heard my doorbell ring and I said my goodbye and walked to the door to find Klaudia with a big grin on her face

"What" "Why are you smiling like that"

"Because you aren't the most silent speaker when on the phone"

"so you heard everything"

"with a little help" she held up a key to my door that I had given her in case of emergencies

"I don't get it"

"well I definitely didn't open your door listen to everything made my way back out here and rang the doorbell to play it off" I stared at her with my eyes wide and my mouth open with a smile as she pushed her way into my apartment.