1 Sebastian

No one cared that the general needed help. No one cared that another incorrectly processed female died in an isolated cell, tortured, raped and a broken mess.

The small safe door squeaked as Colonel Sebastian Seeders pulled it open to add another recording to his growing pile of information.

He did. He cared and he would gather the proof they wanted, until he could prove that his father never left Sector 7. Paul Simmons, leader of the vampires, still had control of his father's mind.

Sebastian needed to put a stop to it, whether it meant ending his father's career, or his life. No more women would endure the torture performed by his hands.

Sebastian locked the safe and once again hid it behind a false wall, a hologram set up to resemble the cream walls of his large office. From his desk, he surveyed the numerous sheets of glass, that raised up from the tiled floor. Images of the staff at the Beta-Division on Space station GNT54-B12 flashed over the screens.

He'd woken that morning with an idea in his head and a feeling of dread eating at his stomach. It all started with a single image of a green eyed girl he had only seen briefly on one of his visits to his father, before he lost control of his mind. She had been working at a mailing desk at the time and he needed a letter sent urgently. She offered to have one of the guard-transports take it for him, since the mail had gone out for the day. Apparently it really did pay to be kind to people on the bottom floors.

She moved up since then. He watched her on the screen as she made her way towards her desk, passing by everyone, without so much as a hello. Something felt off about the way the people sat staring at their screens like robots. Emotionless and silent, almost like they were too scared of making their existence known. To whom, Sebastian would find out shortly, though he did not know it yet.

A ding sounded from a sheet of glass surrounded by an alloy border that folded in on itself to form a cube when not in use. Sebastian thought that the com-device made a sensible looking photo-frame as well. Before he opened the message he received, he admired the photograph that he used as a screensaver.

His father, a sturdy man with a nasty scar across his left cheek, from a bear attack, had his arm around a smaller version of himself, Sebastian. They both served their countries, before serving their planet. They both wore the same happy smiles that reached their blue eyes, and dark blond hair shaved short, which only lasted until Sebastian became Colonel. He wore his hair a bit longer, since his women prefered the civilian look.

The com-device dinged again, urging him to acknowledge the email.

An old friend, Specialist Hank Bragh'shcul, made contact after a long, six months of silence. Usual for him when the weather on his planet allowed for hunting and fishing trips.

Hank needed help finding a caretaker for his ten year old son, since his business took him away from home too often. It played right into Sebastian's plan to save the women from his father's evil ways.

Sebastian opened the 3D image of Hank's application and shook his head, sighing loudly.

Hank had accepted Sebastian's offer to find him a bride, but since his wife left him with a new born son, his heart had been closed off to everyone but Hawk. His own brothers rather slept at their jobs than go home, which left Hawk alone in a large house with nothing but the old Earth movies and books that Sebastian sent him.

His eyes darted to one of the screens that lit up in a red glow, showing an image of a single office, and then to his flat keyboard that looked like it could be part of his oak desk. His fingers flew over the flashing keys and then he shoved a new disk into his recorder that made up the third drawer of his desk.

One of the square devices, resembling an old hand-held radio from the 1900's on Earth, buzzed a few minutes later. "Colonel, we have a problem in the Beta-division."

Eddy Tanner, the senior guard of the Beta-division, one of three people that agreed to help him with his plan to save the women, was friendly with the brown haired woman that now filled the screen of his monitor.

"I'm recording all the information as we speak Eddy. Give me one second to get all the information for the last year-"

"Make it two years, sir. He's been at her for two damn years and she never once reported his fat ass. She's too scared of making waves and losing her job. She has nothing else, sir. Just Coral and me."

"Language Eddy." Sebastian typed as fast as he could to get all the information before his father had it destroyed. "Eddy, I need you to be the one to take her in. I'm sending Bridgette down as soon as..." A tall female dressed impeccably in a black skirt, white blouse and heeled pumps, hair tightly wound up behind her head, walked into his office. "She just got here, which means my father knows. Go get that girl out of there, now."

"Did you get everything that you needed?" she asked.

Sergeant Bridgette Sconasky had a way of smiling that made her look hungry. Though Sebastian trusted her almost as much as he trusted Hank, having served with both of them for twenty years, her close proximity to his desk made his skin crawl.

Sebastian bedded anything that resembled a human female, but he drew the line when it came to Amorphibians with their bullfrog throats and slanted eyes, webbed fingers and toes, and gills like fish.

"Almost done," he said after checking the progress on his monitor. "Head down so long. Take her straight to the transport. You have your orders. She killed a man."

"Got it. This will be a tough one," she said, looking at the girl with the brown hair, green eyes and blood-splattered, caramel skin. "She's completely human."

"I have it under control. Go before they throw her into a cell. I can't intervene once that happens." Sebastian slid an earpiece over the desk. "He's on speed dial."

Once she left the office, he removed the disk and stored it in his safe behind his desk, along with a copy of Hank's application form and then he pulled out another earpiece, shaped like the old bluetooth devices they used on Earth - before they knew about aliens.

As soon as the call connected, he said, "Hank, I think I've found the perfect woman for you."

***

To everyone that has read this story so far, Sebastian's chapter has been placed first as a prologue to the story. I might cut it out completely at some stage. (Maybe)