Chapter 6

Chapter 6

During the cab ride across London, John became anxious and antsy. "We'll double your pay if you can get us there in ten."

Almost immediately they heard the engine rev. Mycroft sighed. "Are these two really so important that you're breaking the law?" He referred to how they were now driving over the speed limit.

John replied, "Yes!" immediately, but Sherlock stayed silent. One glance at him told both that he was peeved off by Mycroft's question though.

"They are," John continued. "Clearly." Mycroft watched his brother and felt a rare sense of brotherly compassion sweep over him. He needed to find Molly, yet he couldn't. Not if he wanted her to live. Surely a single word clue couldn't hurt though?

"Don't, Mycroft. We can't chance it."

John questioned, "How did you-oh, never mind."

"I will answer. I knew because he was slouching. He only slouches when he has something very important to say, and nothing is important right now except getting Molly back-and Amelia," he added as an afterthought.

It seemed the deduction calmed him, because he continued. After he deducted where the cabbie lived, his age, and his relations with his family, Sherlock was stopped by John. The cabbie was getting ready to toss them out.

He closed his mouth and looked out the window, his foot tapping wildly.

Moriarty walked into Molly's "room" and kicked her leg to wake her. "Guess what?" She just stared at him and he frowned, ripping the plum colored scarf out of her mouth.

"I said 'guess'."

"I-uh...he-he's getting closer?"

"Wrong!" Molly flinched and Amelia started crying. He laughed. "Wrong! He's leaving! Sherlock Holmes has given up and is leaving you both here! Guess you're gonna die."

He smiled and Molly, out of tears, tried to find some way to save Amelia. She couldn't let the girl die, especially not when she was the child's godmother.

First, what were her assets? Her phone, pepper spray, and flat keys had all been confiscated, so her pockets were empty, but she still had her belt, jewelry, and the rope that bound her legs to the wall.

An idea started forming in the back of her mind. It could work, but it was a long shot.