Chapter 5 - Rising Temperatures

External Narrating

The next morning, a piercing scream bellowed from the bathroom.

"That's for kissing me in public, yesterday!" Talia shouted at Sean who was holding tightly onto his crotch where she had punched him.

"Ouch. Fuck!" Sean screamed again. "I thought you weren't serious about the rules. God damn! My dick!"

"Now you know that I was," Talia responded with a smirk. "Someone could've seen us, idiot! Or worse someone could've captured our photograph."

"There's was no one around and stop acting like you don't like when I kiss," he playfully responded. She rolled her eyes at him as he finished brushing his teeth.

"Okay, there's something we have to talk about," Talia whispered, closing the bathroom. She pressed her back against the door.

"Is it sex? Yes! I'm good. We can do it right up against the walls," Sean whispered playfully with a smirk.

"No, idiot! If you keep messing around, I'll punch your dick again," Talia warned. "This is serious."

He seemed to sense the gravity of the situation and turned serious. "What's going on?"

"Yesterday after you went to bed, Queen B came over and she was bruised. She said she was attacked by the Russian mob and had no other place to go. She'll be staying all day until I can arrange a safe house for her or something," Talia whispered.

"I don't trust her, Talia," Sean chimed in. "If the Russian mob comes after you, you won't get away with a little bruise. She's lying. I would be careful around her."

"We don't know that, Sean. She could be in danger. It's just one day and besides, what is she gonna do? Light a fire like you? I have bodyguards everywhere," Talia reasoned.

"Okay. Fine. I warned you though. I don't trust her," Sean repeated.

"Okay. Out you go. I need to shower to go to work," Talia said, pushing him through the door. Sean resisted, but eventually, he left.

"Don't you want me in there with you or better yet inside of you?" he smirked.

"Sean, out!" Talia screamed. Sean howled in laughter and retreated through the door.

Ten minutes later, Talia descended the stairs in an elegant black and white constructed suit. Today was an important day at Greenwood Global, the official start of construction on the roof for the renewable project. Talia was having breakfast when Queen B entered the room.

"Zdravstvuyte, Talia. I will be out of your hair by the end of the day. I promise," Queen B said as she sat down across from Talia. Talia could sense the tension in the air, and Sean's warning still lingered in her mind.

"Do you have any leads on how to resolve the conflict with the mob?" Talia asked in a hushed tone.

"No, Talia. There is no resolution with the Russian mob. If they are after you, you will not survive. However, I have arranged something with Alex and your mother. That will buy me some time," Queen B explained carefully, her voice reflecting the seriousness of the situation.

Talia nodded, her expression remaining neutral. She knew that Queen B was not someone to be trifled with, but she also knew that Sean's concerns were not unfounded. She would have to be careful and keep her guard up around Queen B.

As she rushed through the door, it hadn't occurred to Talia what would happen next in her life. Everything was rising in temperature.

Katlin's POV