Chapter 1

June 9th 1994 11:26 AM

I overslept, again. And I am late, again. And my mom is going to kill me, again. And my dad will sit there preoccupied with my "amazing" little sister, again. Should i get out of bed or just fuck it? The phone blares through the house but i'm too lazy to pick it up, but after the seventh ring i can't handle it anymore and i go to answer it. I already know who it is, there's no doubt about it. I pick up the bright pink phone attached to the wall and my mom will be waiting to scream at me; you know what if she could magicly reach her arms through the phone, i would have been dead years ago.

"What's up?" as soon as i picked up the phone she started screaming so she most likely didn't hear me and she most likely didn't care, not one bit.

"I swear to god if you are not hear by the time Melanie goes on for her last dance i will send you away to that school" i sigh and say okay, my mom has been trying to enroll me in this all girls reform school because she can't handle me anymore. She has this theory that if she sends me to that school or if she takes away my "Devil music" then i'll change into the perfect preppy daughter she first wanted. I call up my friend Margo to see if she could take me.

"I'll be there in about fifteen minutes" i don't have fifteen minutes, but at least i got a ride.

"Thanks man, see you in fifteen." i hung up the phone cringing one more time at the horrible color then headed straight for the bathroom.

My dark brown hair looked like a tumbleweed, i did not have the time to gently rip my hair out with my thousand old hair brush so i decided to vigorously rip my hair out today. I put on my 'Pearl Jam' shirt with a purple, blue, and green flannel. Searching for pants was a harder thing to do because i only had about three pairs of pants and all of them were in a dirty clothes pile on my floor. I can't not wear pants so i just pick the one that smells the least. Put on some cologne, slip on my converse, and make my way out the door. I lock the front door and walk over to Margo's car, out of the corner of my eye i see Beck with his dog Darcy in the front yard staring at me.

I look at him which makes him immediately look the other direction. "Hey Beck" i try to be as friendly as i can with him because he gets bullied a lot in school, it's not like he's a total nerd it's just that he is so vulnerable and so easy to pick on.

"H-Hi Tyler" he's so adorable. I get in Margo's car before he can see me blush. Margo looks at me with teasing eyes as to say 'you like him and you know it'.

I look at the clock 11:40, moms gonna kill me.

"Drive."