Chapter 1

Naomi woke up at exactly seven o'clock, today was her big job interview at Grey&Stevenson Co.. Never would she have thought that she would have a chance with the big leagues. His company was one on the most elite companies known in New York and she was luck enough to receive a call back for an interview. She was so proud that her hard work had actually paid off. She thanked God everyday for blessing her with this opportunity. Graduating at an early age and moving out on her own in an unfamiliar territory was hard. It was like the first day of school all over again, no friends, no one to talk about her day, but eventually she made a small social group of friends.

Quickly hopping out of bed she looked for something professional to wear, she was anxiously excited to get things over with. After making her room look like a tornado hit it she finally decided on a red blouse, with a black pencil skirt, and her red bottom black heels. Satisfied with her decision of clothing she got ready for her morning shower.

After her refreshing shower she got dressed and headed to the kitchen where she saw her best friend, Michelle, sitting on the counter drinking coffee. "You're up pretty early?" Namoi said as she made herself a cup in her to-go mug.

"Just wanted to support my bestie. Are you excited?" Michelle asked as she took another sip of her coffee. Her face showing a huge smile, she knew how much this meant to her.

"Yes, but then again I'm extremely nervous, but also dying of excitement. I just keep questioning what if the boss thinks I'm not capable of doing the job. Or what if-" She cut her off.

"Don't stress out, Nomi. They'll love you. I mean how could they not love you? Your intelligent, you graduated from a well-known school, and also you write business letters for fun, for crying out loud! Like who does that?" Michelle said with a look of disbelief.

"I do not write business letters for fun. I simply practice for the future. In order to improve in something you have to practice Michelle." She said with a pleased look on her face. Her whole life she stayed on top of her studies. Her parents always supporting, pushing, and helping her when she needed it.

"Well same difference. You still do it." Michelle sassed back.

"Well I'm gonna head out." She said and she looked at the clock. "I want to go to Starbucks before the interview. Need to fuel my brain, so wish me luck, Elle!" She shouted as she grabbed her purse and keys, leaving her empty to-mug on the counter, then opened the door.

"Wait! You just had coffee?!" Michelle shouted, but she was already out the door. "I swear that girl is crazy." She said to herself.

After closing and locking the door she headed to the elevator. She pressed the basement button to the car park. Once there she looked for her silver 2014 Liberty Jeep. This car had taken her forever to save up, even though her parents helped a little, it didn't change the fact that she had to save and work two jobs for it. This was the first car she ever had, it still looked in good condition since her freshman year of college.

--

As she pulled up to Starbucks she realized she still had thirty minutes to spare, which was great because who knows how long the line will be, getting out of the car and she walked to the entrance. As she walked through the door the cool air hit her face, looking at the line she let out a sigh of relief. Only two people were in line. "Thank God." She mumbled to herself as she got in line.

Finally she was first in line. "How may I help you, ma'am?" Said the cheerful cashier.

"Hi can I get a Ventí caramel Frappuccino, with extra caramel, please." She said happily, her mouth watering for the sweet caffeinated beverage, this was her favorite drink.

"Okay, what's your name, miss?" The cashier said as she typed her order.

"Naomi." She said.

"Okay, that will be $5.25." She reached in her wallet and handed the cashier a ten dollar bill. "Okay, go ahead and wait over there." The cashier pointed to the other side of the counter. "Have a wonderful day!" She said while handing her back change.

"Naomi!" Yelled a man in a green apron holding her coffee. Well that was quick, she thought as she thanked the man as he handed her the coffee.

She walked to her car drinking her delicious coffee. Ahh... Thank the heavens for creating such a beautiful and delicious treat, she thought as she drove away.