Chapter 0 - "The Prologue"

"It's in here guys!  Let's kill it!"  A group of soldiers rush towards a cave at nightfall.  The storm above pours down on them as they marched towards the cave.  An 18 year old girl runs out of the cave with her 8 year old daughter.  They both have orange hair and a green creeper hoodie to keep them warm in the night.  She grabs her steel blade and points it at the charging soldiers.  She looks at her daughter, tense at the situation at hand.  "Caroline!  Get out of here!  Run!"  Caroline looks up to her mother, worried about her safety.  "Mommy!  I don't want to go!"  The girl then starts crying profusely.  "We have no time Caroline!  I will find you when I can!  Now go!  Please!"  Caroline then starts running away from the cave.  "After that creeper!"  The girl stands her ground, shaking at the 9 soldiers.  "I-I won't let you get passed me!"  She then lets out a battle cry and swings her blade at the soldiers that are in her reach.

       The soldier blocks her blade and swings back at her with great speed.  She had no time to dodge, and the blade cut deep into her chest.  She yelped at the intense pain and fell backward, allowing for another soldier to swing his blade downwards towards her heart.  The girl then barely blocked the attack with her sword using both hands, struggling with the man.  The man smirks.  "This one is a resilient one!  Help me out here!"  "I got ya!"  The second soldier goes to stomp on the girls head, but thanks to her reaction time, she moved out of the way, and the first soldier fell down.  She then gets up in fear and drops the sword to run away.  "After her!"  The girls then gets chased by the other 7 men.  

       The girl started panicking and kept looking back towards the angry soldiers.  "You can't run from us Creeper!  Henry, the bow!"  "Got it!"  Henry then loaded up an arrow and shot it towards the girl.  She gets hit in the arm, and fell down in pain.  The large arrow holds her weak will down to the wet dirt.  The 7 soldiers started to catching up, and she rushed to get back up and began to run again, holding the arm with the arrow.  As she desperately tries to get away, a loud monstrous roar fills their ears, and they begin to panic as well.  The pursuing soldiers yell in terror and run away from the girl.  The girl entered into the deep end of the forest around her and then she is soon overwhelmed with pure darkness.

       "I-I can't take it!"  She starts to get tired from the running, and loud growls echo throughout the dark forest.  She started to fear more for her life as the familiar sounds of the dead surround her.  "No no no no!!!"  A dark creature tackles her down to the dirt and it screeches into her face.  She tried to push it off of her, but it's grip is unbreakable.  It then went to bite her head off, but another one of the dark creatures tackled it to the ground.  Cupa got up and continues to run while in complete terror.  The two creatures started to fight each other, and they lost sight of her.  A zombie then grabs her arm and ripped that part of her hoodie off trying to get a hold of her.  She then made it out of the forest and into a huge plains valley.  She used the rest of her strength to limp her way further into the plains.  She then dropped to her knees in pain, still holding onto her shoulder that the arrow was still stuck in.

       Knowing that her daughter is somewhere out in the dark by herself, she started to yell in anguish for her.  She then started to catch her breath as the cold rain poured onto her.  She slammed her fist into the ground, tearing up from grief.  Lightning started to light up the sky, and she dropped onto the soggy dirt.  Tired from all of the running, she gave up and closed her eyes slowly.  "W-Why...  why is this world so cold..."  She began to cry softly as her crimson blood leaked out of her wounds.  When all else seemed bleak, a bright shine of lightning striked her from above...