62 - Girl or Boy?

25th May 2009
"Okay so gender scan this week, you guys did want to know don't you?"

"Yes but can you write it down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. We are going to give it to a friend who's organised a way of sharing the news of my pregnancy and the gender at our final bows of our show on Sunday. That's why I wanted to do it today."

"Yes I can do that for you, of course." I pulled my shirt up and Undid my jeans.

"Babe, I need to go shopping on Monday. I really don't fit in any of this anymore. Do you wanna come with me or should I see if Karen's free?"

"See if she's free but I'll come with you. I need to do some shopping as well, we can bring Dougy so we can split up, you and K, Doug and I."

I nod then look at the screen with the image of our child on it. "It's gorgeous."

"Everything it's good, nice and healthy." She played the heartbeat and Chris squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek. "And..." she rubbed the wand a little more. "I have the gender." She typed a few things down then smiled at us. "Okay, that will be ready for you, in an envelope, to collect at reception."

"Perfect." She cleaned my belly and then left the room so I could sort myself out. I got off the bed and I attempted to do up my jeans up, but couldn't. "I'll be in sweatpants this weekend then." I giggled slightly.

"Maybe we could go now."

"Babe, we have work to get to and we have a house to tidy tomorrow. This top is long so I'll be fine."

"Okay. Can I have a kiss?"

"You don't need to ask me for a kiss babe, you can always have a kiss. You can have lots of kisses." I put my hand on his chest and one on the back of his neck. I let our lips touch before pulling back. Then again. I loved teasing him. I held it slightly longer the next time but only a second, when I went to tease him again he just gripped the back of my head and held me in. I smiled against his lips. I nibbles on his lower lip allowing myself to take control sliding my tongue into his mouth. We begin a full blown make out session but I quickly pull back and drag him out the room. We collect the envelope and head home.

"I really wanna know now Mandy." Chris said sitting on the couch, as I put the envelope by the door for Karen to collect.

"I know, so do I. Knowing that it's right there is really tempting, but doing it onstage will be so much more special and memorable for us. I promise. Who else does a gender reveal on a Broadway stage?"

"No one."

"Exactly. What do you want, boy or girl?" I asked.

"I've always wanted a daughter, probably more than a son, I must admit. When I was in high school, we were doing your classic sex Ed, we were asked if we could only have one child would we prefer a girl or a boy. All the girls said they wanted a daughter and all the boys said they wanted a son, all except me. I was the only one who wanted a child of the opposite sex. And I still do. But of course, son or daughter I'll love them all the same. I just want a little princess one day. What about you."

"Girl. I've always loved the idea of having a daughter. Again, prince of princess, it really doesn't matter. I also think having a girl will give a nice family balance."

"Yeah. Only four shows left, I'm glad our entire family will be here for the final show."

"Yeah, Robin, Paul and Jane are here. Then Monica, Anthony and their families are in the hotel down the road."

"Oh baby names, we haven't really thought about it."

"I have, but I never really mentioned it to you. I have a few ideas I really like."

"Okay fire away."

"So for a girl, I've wanted to name my first daughter Kayla after my Abuela passed away. And I was thinking to honour V, her middle name should be Veronica. So Kayla Veronica Jackson-Gonzalez. And I can picture a nickname being Kay. Do we have Doug and Kay. Which in my opinion sound perfect together."

"I love that babe. I'm happy you want to honour Veronica in that way, she'd be so thankful of you for that. And Kayla is an adorable name and again is very personal to us. What about for a boy."

"Again wanting to honour the people in our lives, I wanted to have his middle name be Paul after my father. Then have the first name be Benjamin, nicknamed Benny, since that's how we met and became a couple. And Benjamin Paul sounded better than Benny Paul to me.

"That's adorable sweetie. I love both of those names. So Kayla Veronica for a girl, and Benjamin Paul for a boy."

"Yeah. Do you like those names babe? You can say if you don't like them, they were just suggestions."

"I love them Mandy they are all so personal which makes it more special. And honouring our relatives is a really nice thought."

"Okay. All we need now is to wait until Friday."

"Yep."